Map Glitches, I need help!!!

Cipher15

Before I say anything else, I am completely new to the mapping features for C&C, so I know nothing. I am a nugget  :laugh:

I created a map just to try it out and saved it to be a campaign map replacing the first GDI mission to go straight to it. When the mission begins, several things do not work. There are no triggers though to begin with. The first problem is that the transport helicopter units never appear where i put them on the map, nor do orcas or attack helicopters. They are just nonexistent  :O. Secondly, on the list of unit construction options there is a very strange glitch  :huh: . All infantry units images are fine, but as soon as i scroll past engineer, everything is glitched, but as soon as you scroll up, your infantry options are still unaffected.

I attached the map. Its nothing awesome though  :)

SCG01EA_Demilitarized_Zone.zip

1°- There's no tigger commands!!

2°- There's no Teamtipes!!

3°- You can't place air units on C&C Maps, does not matters what ccmap says, if you want to do that, you need to put reinforcements tiggers to an air unit appear.

4°- Give space to the buidings, the concrete bibs are not in ccmap, but it still in the game!

5°- for a mcv unload, you need to give the command "Unload" to them, there is not in ccmap, but you can write Unload in action, it will work.

6°- read this trough: http://nyerguds.arsaneus-design.com/cncstuff/cctxt/ccmanual.txt  :P

Thanks for the info. I removed all the air units and set the tech to 98. There is another problem though, the game, after so many minutes simply crashes. I cant even bring up task manager to end it nor minimize it. I am forced to hold the power switch every time to shut down to computer. I hate that because eventually doing that will damage my computer. Anyone here know why it may be crashing?

When it crashes, try pressing alt-tab and then [enter]. Chances are there's an error message box with an OK button on it which you can't see, but which will still close the game.

btw, are you using C&C95 v1.06b? In the original 1.04, putting a commando or comm center so close to the top of the map is just asking for crashes.

bug-topofmap.png

ehhm... what?? better than XP in stability for C&C95, only Windows 98SE, where we "screw up*" the compatibility for it.

but, i think the most stable version of C&C is v1.05a, i'm not saying Nyerguds is doing a bad job, no, it have more stability because we implement so many things in v1.06 *wihout* the source code, and in v1.05a, it only includes fixes for v1.04a.

*= haves back, see: http://www.cnc-comm.com/community/index.php?topic=475.0