what is single processor afinity

1337timmay

OK i really want to play with this setting off but it causes my game to crash every 5 minutes but when it is off my in game menu works and my game overall feels alot more smoother. i have messed around with all the settings and this seems to be the only thing that is causes my menu to freeze.

Operating System

Windows 10 Home 64-bit

CPU

Intel Core i7 4770K @ 3.50GHz 46 °C

Haswell 22nm Technology

RAM

8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 (9-9-9-24)

Motherboard

ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. H87M-PLUS (SOCKET 1150) 122 °C

Graphics

SyncMaster (1920x1080@59Hz)

SyncMaster (1920x1080@59Hz)

2048MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950 (Gigabyte) 30 °C

Storage

223GB Corsair Force LS SSD (SSD) 30 °C

931GB ATA WDC WD10EADS-22M SCSI Disk Device (SATA) 27 °C

1863GB Seagate ST32000645NS (SATA) 29 °C

Optical Drives

TSSTcorp CD/DVDW SH-S183L

Audio

Realtek High Definition Audio

OK i really want to play with this setting off but it causes my game to crash every 5 minutes but when it is off my in game menu works and my game overall feels alot more smoother. i have messed around with all the settings and this seems to be the only thing that is causes my menu to freeze.

Motherboard

ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. H87M-PLUS (SOCKET 1150) 122 °C

Single processor affinity means only one core is used by the game an.. jesus fucking christ something is horribly wrong with your motherboard if that's the actual mobo temperature, that board can work normally up to 75°C which is its total safe operating maximum, RA crashing is the least of your problems.

Nothing in a computer is supposed to operate at the water boiling point which is 100°C, 70 degrees at full load for any component is a lot already. A computer is not a electric kettle.

As for answering the question to anyone else wanting to know, it is actually a known issue with the C&C engine to crash or hang/ temporarily freeze/ if more than one core is used, its not all that common tho.