RA modding, possible discovery and help needed

Revolutionary

EDIT: Yea my test want very good, it works but it isnt restricted to ships.

First off i have found something out which i am unaware if you guys know.

The clocking create in RA works perfectly however is not connected to the stealth/cloak logic like in CnC1 or used by the phase transport but  it is in fact connected to the submarine “clockâ€/dive logic.

During my tests I successful managed to turn a cruiser in to a rather scary and unbalanced fighting machine. (it looks a bit strange however, a ship suddenly sinking)

As much as I like this create (I could find use for it in a TC mod) I hope Hyper or other can implant a Real Cloak logic usable for both boats and ground units in to RA. :)

Next the questions...

First does any one else have problems with the Fake sub pens cameo not showing in either RA:95 or RA:DOS mode? I was going to add the fake building to the soviets and this problem appeared, and does any one know how to fix it?

Second does the conquer.eng file need to be included in a mix file? When ever I place it in the directory and run the game the game deletes the conquer.eng file placed in the directory.

Thirdly does TFD patch remove the DOS .exe files from the Red Alert directory? It is a bit of a pain for me since I use the DOS version more than the normal version, It was only recently after compatibility problems I installed the newest TFD patch on all my computers for Lan.

First off i have found something out which i am unaware if you guys know.

The clocking create in RA works perfectly however is not connected to the stealth/cloak logic like in CnC1 or used by the phase transport but  it is in fact connected to the submarine “clockâ€/dive logic.

During my tests I successful managed to turn a cruiser in to a rather scary and unbalanced fighting machine. (it looks a bit strange however, a ship suddenly sinking)

As much as I like this create (I could find use for it in a TC mod) I hope Hyper or other can implant a Real Cloak logic usable for both boats and ground units in to RA. :)

Ehh... try it on units? It works perfectly.

First does any one else have problems with the Fake sub pens cameo not showing in either RA:95 or RA:DOS mode? I was going to add the fake building to the soviets and this problem appeared, and does any one know how to fix it?

Never had that problem... should show up just fine.

Second does the conquer.eng file need to be included in a mix file? When ever I place it in the directory and run the game the game deletes the conquer.eng file placed in the directory.

That's the 3.03 patch... the idiots put a loose conquer.eng in one of the patches before 3.03. This obviously got in the way of the 3.03 patch, which has it inaside a mixfile again. But since the patch was never made into a patch installer, it never got anything to delete it, so they just made the game itself delete it.

You can fix it by opening ra95.dat in a hex editor, going to address 15113D and changing the byte there from 74 to EB. That will skip the command to delete the file.

Thirdly does TFD patch remove the DOS .exe files from the Red Alert directory? It is a bit of a pain for me since I use the DOS version more than the normal version, It was only recently after compatibility problems I installed the newest TFD patch on all my computers for Lan.

Eh, you mean patch 1.03, or just TFD?

Ehh... try it on units? It works perfectly.

I never found any "Land" creates when i was searching. (all other creates were disabled in the rules) only water creates appeared for me

Never had that problem... should show up just fine.

Strange are you running TFD or just RA from the disks? Im sure the icon apeared for me before however it doesnt apear on either of my two Vista computers running TFD :/

That's the 3.03 patch... the idiots put a loose conquer.eng in one of the patches before 3.03. This obviously got in the way of the 3.03 patch, which has it inaside a mixfile again. But since the patch was never made into a patch installer, it never got anything to delete it, so they just made the game itself delete it.

You can fix it by opening ra95.dat in a hex editor, going to address 15113D and changing the byte there from 74 to EB. That will skip the command to delete the file.

Ah Thanks, thats a bit of a pain as all i wanted to do was Change England to Britain ist realy worth packing the .dat file with my mod...

Eh, you mean patch 1.03, or just TFD?

TFD 1.03 patch (the most recent revision) i remember running the dos version before when i had just TFD installed...

I never found any "Land" creates when i was searching. (all other creates were disabled in the rules) only water creates appeared for me

What the heck? What do you mean with "creates"? We were talking about submarine cloaking. The Cloakable=Yes rules.ini option works on units just as well as on ships. And it IS what is used by the Phase Transport; check the mission ini.

Strange are you running TFD or just RA from the disks? Im sure the icon apeared for me before however it doesnt apear on either of my two Vista computers running TFD :/

Man, I dunno. I got the game installed at least 3 times. Not like I tested that on TFD specifically. I just don't see why it would be different.

Ah Thanks, thats a bit of a pain as all i wanted to do was Change England to Britain ist realy worth packing the .dat file with my mod...

Then just put your conquer.eng in expand2.mix? Pretty much all mods do it that way.

Dunno why you would change it though. This IS an alternate reality we're talking about. They could just have said "screw the scots, we're calling it all England" :P

TFD 1.03 patch (the most recent revision) i remember running the dos version before when i had just TFD installed...

Bloody hell, he removed the DOS stuff? Bah...

Then again, DOS doesn't have a v3.03 anyway.

What the heck? What do you mean with "creates"? We were talking about submarine cloaking. The Cloakable=Yes rules.ini option works on units just as well as on ships. And it IS what is used by the Phase Transport; check the mission ini.

Facepalms, Sorry that was my fault i meant crate (dam my spelling :( ), as in what you pick up to get "[Powerups]".

Cloak=0,STEALTH2                ; enable cloaking on nearby objects

the crate works but never apeared on land for me, and it was the submerge cloaking effect and sound used rather than the one used by the phase transport (where the shadows are shown)

Man, I dunno. I got the game installed at least 3 times. Not like I tested that on TFD specifically. I just don't see why it would be different.

i dont think there would be a difference which make it even stranger...

Then just put your conquer.eng in expand2.mix? Pretty much all mods do it that way.

Dunno why you would change it though. This IS an alternate reality we're talking about. They could just have said "screw the scots, we're calling it all England" :P

(not intending to included any graphics in this mod so its still a bit of a waste incuding it in the expand02.mix)

True, Very True argubly we could have won our independance as the empire started falling apart after the great war :D

Bloody hell, he removed the DOS stuff? Bah...

Then again, DOS doesn't have a v3.03 anyway.

looks like it, and we shall just need to bully hyper in to patching the dos version aswell :P

pichorra & Irony: the actual engines don't differ much at all, but memory management in DOS is a giant mess, which makes the final compiled exes a giant mess too. the only "simple" DOS programs are those smaller than 64k, which don't need a memory manager.