What tournaments are best tournaments to watch?

MapDesigner

The tournament scene in Ra2/YR is somewhat dead. It is completely lifeless on CNCNet currently. The reason is that people are simply not interested in joining/following through with it. There is not enough incentive. Another possible reason is that the competitors are too top-heavy and everybody already knows who is the best/better then them (no reason to join a tournament if you've played the guy already 100's of times, etc.).

We had a 2on2 tournament in the previous year that was somewhat successful and saw some great games. @AufRuler really did an impressive job with it.

These days there either just was or is still going on an XWIS vs. Chinese Red Alert 2 tournament. For more information on that, I lead you to the XWIS forums and you can find the topic and streams/past videos in the tournament sub section of the forum. These are highly impressive gameplay with some of the very best in the world playing.

Besides this, there are countless youtube videos with pro games that you can watch.

More competition should be in the making as the ladder progresses.

• Upvote 1

Basically what prep said. 1v1 tourneys are pointless since the same players would win as usual. 2v2 and 3v3 tourneys suffer from lack of teams and no shows. I think a 1v1 tourney would be more interesting if A list players would be excluded. Kinda how pokemon balances their competition by ubers/ou/uu/nu etc. You could call it a B tourney. Only B list and below can join. Then maybe we can later also do a C list tourney. I think it would be cool.

• Like 1

I agree that a B/C list tournament would be preferable. The problem with it is that we suffer from little to no support from the B/C group :(. There just isn't enough of them active on the forums that actually care enough. I would be all for it and wouldn't mind organizing it if there was enough.

I didnt find that much on youtube. like I see some matches here and there the grand final etc but where is the whole tournament? it doesnt even tell the name of the tournament lol

also, I tried to join xwis forum but I cant post anything for some reason so I left (it says I dont have privilege to view any forum)

On 9/14/2017 at 3:12 PM, MapDesigner said:

I didnt find that much on youtube. like I see some matches here and there the grand final etc but where is the whole tournament? it doesnt even tell the name of the tournament lol

also, I tried to join xwis forum but I cant post anything for some reason so I left (it says I dont have privilege to view any forum)

Here you go: https://www.youtube.com/user/dsect0r/videos

enjoy

• Upvote 1