Red Alert 2 Resolution

Cx83

hi

i have just bought Red alert 2 from origin and start playing the original game 

i notect that i can't but the resolution to 1366x768 i only have (640,1024)

but when i play cncnet i can but the resolution 

is there a way to but the original game to 1366x768 ?

cuz i would like to play the story mood and i haven't see the story mode in cncnet

thanks.

You can configure it in RA2.INI inside of your game folder. 

You can replace the original file in your game folder with this template and then edit it with notepad: http://downloads.cncnet.org/Games/RedAlert2/RA2.INI

There is also another way where you can type "hires" in the main menu to unlock all resolutions, but i'm not sure if that works with RA2 or YR only

2 hours ago, FunkyFr3sh said:

You can configure it in RA2.INI inside of your game folder. 

You can replace the original file in your game folder with this template and then edit it with notepad: http://downloads.cncnet.org/Games/RedAlert2/RA2.INI

There is also another way where you can type "hires" in the main menu to unlock all resolutions, but i'm not sure if that works with RA2 or YR only

i tried to configure ra2.ini

and tried to replace the file you gave me

nothing worked:( still 1024

Edited by Cx83

20 minutes ago, Cx83 said:

i tried to configure ra2.ini

and tried to replace the file you gave me

nothing worked:( still 1024

I guess the problem is because the game tried to write the file to its own directory but failed, then windows created a new hidden file that is now being used

Open your windows explorer and paste the following into the path textbox on top:     %LOCALAPPDATA%\VirtualStore

In there you should find somewhere your fake ra2 folder, Maybe here:   

%LOCALAPPDATA%\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games

If there is a RA2.INI inside of that folder, delete it. Now start your game again, it should now use the real RA2.INI that you modified.

25 minutes ago, FunkyFr3sh said:

I guess the problem is because the game tried to write the file to its own directory but failed, then windows created a new hidden file that is now being used

Open your windows explorer and paste the following into the path textbox on top:     %LOCALAPPDATA%\VirtualStore

In there you should find somewhere your fake ra2 folder, Maybe here:   

%LOCALAPPDATA%\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games

If there is a RA2.INI inside of that folder, delete it. Now start your game again, it should now use the real RA2.INI that you modified.

haven't find anything :( no ra2 file

i''m using windows 10 is it different?

Edited by Cx83

6 minutes ago, FunkyFr3sh said:

I tried this also on windows 10, worked for me. Do you have any folder inside of the VirtualStore folder at all? %LOCALAPPDATA%\VirtualStore

windows and Program Files

i searched inside them and i haven't find anything

Hit caps lock and type "HIRES" at main menu, should hear a sound effect on success.

Then go into options and pick resolution.

Works both on RA2 & YR as far as I know. If it doesn't work your game version just doesn't support it, but I can post the version that does.

(I think it has to be in caps Funky)

2 hours ago, FReQuEnZy said:

Hit caps lock and type "HIRES" at main menu, should hear a sound effect on success.

Then go into options and pick resolution.

Works both on RA2 & YR as far as I know. If it doesn't work your game version just doesn't support it, but I can post the version that does.

(I think it has to be in caps Funky)

worked in settings i found 1366

but the game is not taking all the screen space , the game in the middle and i have black lines all over the screen top down right left big black lines

4 hours ago, Cx83 said:

worked in settings i found 1366

but the game is not taking all the screen space , the game in the middle and i have black lines all over the screen top down right left big black lines

If you heard the sound then the options should how all of the resolutions your screen supports.
On RA2 the menus will always be surrounded by a black border, but once in-game it will scale to full screen.

• 3 weeks later...