Tiberian Sun: Missing DLL files - tried the usual stuff -fixed-

odyssey

Tiberian Sun Missing DLL files

Hi, I'm getting what appears to be the usual error message of "One or more DLL files were missing or damaged.  Please reinstall." but I've exhausted the suggestions that worked for everyone else:

-Game.exe is run as adminstrator and in W98/ME compatibility mode

-Was installed normally, then uninstalled and reinstalled as administrator and again in W98/ME compatibility mode

-Tried dropping ddraw.dll into the SUN folder.

-Tried installing the game into the default folder

I do appear to have actual missing DLL files, as I've only got three in /SUN:

wsock.dll

Language.dll

BLOWFISH.dll

I'm using  Windows 7 64bit

Any help is much appreciated

It has nothing to do with missing dll files, it's purely related to user rights. iirc it's related to the retarded copy protection, and the dll it whines about is BLOWFISH.dll

Mind you, if you say "as administrator", do you mean "as an administrator user" or actually "by right-clicking on the file and selecting -Run as administrator-"? There's a BIG difference.

Wow, thanks for the quick replies.

It has nothing to do with missing dll files, it's purely related to user rights. iirc it's related to the retarded copy protection, and the dll it whines about is BLOWFISH.dll

Mind you, if you say "as administrator", do you mean "as an administrator user" or actually "by right-clicking on the file and selecting -Run as administrator-"? There's a BIG difference.

I right clicked the file and checked that it was set to Run as administrator.  I am also an administrator user.  The file is also set to run in W98/ME compatibility mode.  I tried the same with the installer too, running it as normal, as an administrator and as an admin in compatibility mode.

Would someone be able to email the dll files?  My address is  " pleasegivegenerously at hotmail dot com ".  That's worked before with something else, and as I've got fewer dll files than everyone else it's gotta be worth a go  :)

I've got only

BLOWFISH.DLL

Language.dll

wsock32.dll

and TS works. I'm using Windows 7 64-bit as well.

Where did you get TS from?

It's the latest download from this site.  I re-downloaded in case that was the problem but still no joy.  Kinda good to hear that it's no simply a case of missing DLLs.  Any chance someone could send me their copies of these three; I'm all out of ideas.

SUCCESS!!  XD

The dll's kindly provided didn't work so I'd tried everything but not run the game in compatibility mode and not as administrator.  For some reason it works!  Feeling kinda stupid, but happy stupid  :roll:

Thanks for the swift responses; I'm drinking a beer for each of you.