Do you ruin balance by blocking base creeping?

chem

So we all know the balance goes a bit skewwhiff  if theres so much tiberium, money  and you cant use troops due to too much tiberium on the map.

But what about blocking base creeping but not troops? Does that ruin the balance for nod? Making GDI over powered?

I both like and hate base creeping I think its a glitch that should never have been there and rectified in a similar way as it was in dune or total annihilation. I like it because it wins me games. So I like to have maps that both include it and exclude it.

But generally speaking does nod need the creep turrets etc to cope with GDI meds/mixed units? Is it an important part of the proper meta, which is needed for proper balance?

• Like 1

It's definitely much less of a problem than the no-infantry zones but no base creep does somewhat affect balance, yes. The thing is, I believe you have it the other way around. It's GDI that actually needs base creeping more, Nod can control the map and defend their base and harvs with light units just fine for a big chunk of the game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, cn2mc said:

It's definitely much less of a problem than the no-infantry zones but no base creep does somewhat affect balance, yes. The thing is, I believe you have it the other way around. It's GDI that actually needs base creeping more, Nod can control the map and defend their base and harvs with light units just fine for a big chunk of the game.

thanks cn2mc ,interesting,  appreciated mate!

Yeah, I agree with cn2.
Nod has more control over the map with fast moving units... GDI is more static, and controls the map by placing structures around, particularly barracks, but also AGT.

Not to say that Nod can't play that same game... ultimately, I think that Nod can absolutely fight base creep against base creep, and I think that their key to that is the turret. It is indeed very strong.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

19 hours ago, AchromicWhite said:

Yeah, I agree with cn2.
Nod has more control over the map with fast moving units... GDI is more static, and controls the map by placing structures around, particularly barracks, but also AGT.

Not to say that Nod can't play that same game... ultimately, I think that Nod can absolutely fight base creep against base creep, and I think that their key to that is the turret. It is indeed very strong.

Thanks white I always thought base creep to base creep nod will win vs gdi because of turrets that can almost handle AGT,  obelisks that decimates any other building,  and then you have ssm, and on top of that hon, bikes tanks bazookas etc for defence which GDI cant just steam roll through. So I thought that nod  had an advantage with base creeping and that it was the only way they could balance against a really good GDI player, I thought without the base creeping nod would be at a disadvantage or at least more  disadvantaged vs a good GDI player?

(which makes me think attacking GDI with the nod base creep is a good plan of action)  

I suppose from what you guys are saying is that GDI could get map control wo going head to head with a nod base creep then build up and win that way and then I see your point with a lesser ability to control the map GDI is going to have less chance of winning. Ok thanks guys I will build maps with this in mind, - that its better for GDI players to have creeping for balance.

Edited by chem

Medium tanks build slowly. So you need to have multiple barracks to keep up on having enough units on the field to deal with attacks.

As you spread thin, making more refs, you need to make infantry from multiple areas to keep defended. Medium tanks can help out, but they're slow and need the support of the grens (this can also be dependant on bike/buggy ratio... if there are few bikes, the meds can handle them easier).

When the bases push into each other, it's a bit different, and it's there that I think that Nod has the advantage. Turrets are insane... I think Obelisk is less powerful, due to it's cost (including PPs needed to make it work). SSM and artillery can be insane, though; zoning out grens is a BIG deal, due the MLRS not really being available.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, AchromicWhite said:

Medium tanks build slowly. So you need to have multiple barracks to keep up on having enough units on the field to deal with attacks.

As you spread thin, making more refs, you need to make infantry from multiple areas to keep defended. Medium tanks can help out, but they're slow and need the support of the grens (this can also be dependant on bike/buggy ratio... if there are few bikes, the meds can handle them easier).

When the bases push into each other, it's a bit different, and it's there that I think that Nod has the advantage. Turrets are insane... I think Obelisk is less powerful, due to it's cost (including PPs needed to make it work). SSM and artillery can be insane, though; zoning out grens is a BIG deal, due the MLRS not really being available.

Thanks white wow, you really know the dynamic sooooooo well!!

Edited by chem