So I made a single player map in Final Alert, but I can not play it

BaseUnderAttack

A few days ago I'm working on a map that simulates a campaign mission, but at the time I'm going to play it through Skirmish, it warns me that a player is missing, that player would be the AI, how should I configure it? The game does not start with just one player ...

Edited by BaseUnderAttack

i mean you cannot have only one player on a skirmish map, you are going to need and ai player, and that ai player is going to need a spawn point defined, and at that spawn point an mcv will be placed at game start. there is absolutely no way around this. actually using the AI(s) of a skirmish map is a whole different story.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

player locations.

since its a skirmish map theres going to be a lot of limitations opposed to making a campaign map. many triggers wont work, your stuck using the "skirmish ai" which you can manipulate, but is just plain different. it looks like  the buildings and units are assigned houses in that image, thats not going to work in skirmish you will have to make a timed trigger with action "change house" and attach it to everything. base nodes are also impossible in skirmish.

i cant really get more specific without actually looking at it, but campaign maps and skirmish maps are two different animals entirely

• Upvote 1

On 11/9/2018 at 10:41 PM, BaseUnderAttack said:

so, how can I play it?

Just name your map file ALL01t.map then put it in the ra2 folder and then open ra2 then go to the campaigns and start the allies first mission. and you will start with your map.

Edited by Roooo
  • Upvote 2

make sure your using the right file name, the yr and plain ra2 mission map names are different, make sure it also is using the right file extension. you should be able to load it like that, and even test changes after saving in FA2 and then hitting "restart mission" in game.

its in a MIX file, you dont need to find it per say, but you need YOUR map file in your ra2 folder to have the same name and file extension in order for it to be read over the default one, if not it will just load the default campaign mission as usual. to literally spell it out: all01umd.map for YR, or all01t.map for RA2

Just now, McPwny said:

its in a MIX file, you dont need to find it per say, but you need YOUR map file in your ra2 folder to have the same name and file extension in order for it to be read over the default one, if not it will just load the default campaign mission as usual. to literally spell it out: all01umd.map for YR, or all01t.map for RA2

EDIT: LOL I'm an idiot ?, I forgot to change the extension to "map" !, now this worked, thank you guys!

Edited by BaseUnderAttack