Wishlist / feature requests for the next patch(es)

cypher

Wishlist next patch  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Interface and Settings

• Option to disable voice of "generals" (F9-F12) in the game (Sound settings)
    • Column in the YR-Client to see the map next to the name of the game
    • Column in the YR-Client to see the game mode next to the name of the game
    • Column in the YR-Client to see the creation-time next to the name of the game
    • Show player ping next to a players name when in room
    • Show an icon when a player has different game files
  2. 2. Game changes / Balance changes

• Specify crates in the game room (rate? has mcvs? has map? has units? has money?)
    • Option to disable Spy entering barracks and weapons factory
    • Option to improve Patriot SAM (like a weakened ägais medusa weapon) to make allied-players better prepared against mass rocketeer attacks
    • Option to disable Grinder's grinding abilities to prevent money cheat by yuri players
    • Option to disable yuri-clones entering a battle fortress
    • None
    • Add two super weapon buttons: T1 SW (chrono, iron, mutator) and T2 SW (nuke, weather, psychic)

Hey there,

First of all - I wish everyone a happy new year. :)

I made a poll with a wishlist / feature request for the next patch (or even the next patches).

Unfortunately I can't make a poll where everyone can add options. So I will add them manually, when you type them in this thread.

Best wishes,

cy

Edited by cypher
  • Upvote 1

18 hours ago, cypher said:

I know @mustache. But it's still an issue for a patch IMHO.

I don't see how. The issues you're looking at only affect certain play styles. The ToE crate players made their own versions to balance out their meta. A blanket patch is widely disagreed upon. People have different opinions of balance.

Especially the spy topic is a common one in FFA setups. I did maps with a balance (gave soviets spy's too). But I still think it's a good thing, you can't have several variants of each map f.e..

Regarding to crates - can you adjust them in a map file? Didn't know that. But again it's a common topic many ppl like to adjust on each map.

With patriot SAM balance I'm kind of with you, but I still think it's a good thing to think about how to prevent rocketeer imbalance (especially in FFA setups, not in 1v1 etc.)

Yuri BF is considered imba in every setup IMHO.

13 hours ago, cypher said:

Especially the spy topic is a common one in FFA setups. I did maps with a balance (gave soviets spy's too). But I still think it's a good thing, you can't have several variants of each map f.e..

Regarding to crates - can you adjust them in a map file? Didn't know that. But again it's a common topic many ppl like to adjust on each map.

With patriot SAM balance I'm kind of with you, but I still think it's a good thing to think about how to prevent rocketeer imbalance (especially in FFA setups, not in 1v1 etc.)

Yuri BF is considered imba in every setup IMHO.

Adjusting multiple maps is made easy with notepad++. Just download this and you can mod all the maps you want. I did it with my ongoing mod. 

https://forums.cncnet.org/topic/3201-mx-mod-maps/

If you need help, hit up the discord too. 

https://discord.gg/4Ve25mM

The thing is I want to have different variants, f.e. not all players want to have balances. It is easier with the method you mentioned, but I don't want two versions of each map.

The other thing is : When QM comes, custom maps won't be playable I suggest.

Can you edit crate rates etc in a map file?

6 hours ago, cypher said:

The thing is I want to have different variants, f.e. not all players want to have balances. It is easier with the method you mentioned, but I don't want two versions of each map.

The other thing is : When QM comes, custom maps won't be playable I suggest.

Can you edit crate rates etc in a map file?

I suggest the map method since the developers are very busy as it is. You'll see your vision come true by the map method way before the client applies it. (If it's accepted at all)

Qm? Do you mean for custom games? Because qm already exists.

And yes, you can change crate rates by map as well. All the rules.ini can be applied to a map.