MX mod maps

FlyingMustache

For those that play on my maps. The MX  maps.

The mod list is revised for 1.96

Anything that is no longer listed means that the value was returned to the vanilla value.

Soviets

Tesla Tank: range increased to 6 from 4. Can attack while moving. Can also detect cloak. However, damage to heavy armor tanks reduced by 50%. Build timer reduced to 1.0 from 1.2. Given area of effect damage, 3 total targets. Each fragment has 30 base damage.

Terrorists: speed increased to 7 from 6. Can also no longer be crushed. Blast radius increased to 2 from 1.5.

Demolition truck: speed increased to 7 from 5.

Apocalypse tank: can now attack while moving. Can no longer be crushed by the battlefort.

Tesla trooper: cost reduced to 400 from 500; range increased to 5 from 3; fearless.

Flak trooper: cost reduced to 200 from 300. Elite troopers deal 20 damage per cannon ball instead of 8. Elite troopers were dealing less damage than normal troopers.

Kirov: Will drop bombs on passerby units.

Terror Drone: Will now grind for 1 dollar instead of 500. This is to prevent Yuri from benefiting from his droned units.

Nuclear Reactor: cost increased to 1500 from 1000. Power reduced to 1500 from 2000. Adjacent reduced by 1 from 2. Health reduced to 750 from 1000.

Allies

Tank destroyer: speed increased to 6 from 5. Range increased to 5.75 from 5. HP reduced to 350 from 400.

GGI: movement speed increased to 4 from 3. Missiles deal 20% less damage to steel buildings. HP increased to 125 from 100.

Tanya: speed increased to 7 from 6; fearless

Grizzly: range increased to 6 from 5. Build time modifier reduced to 1.4 from 1.5

Grand Cannon: Health dropped down to 500 from 900; also a hostile unit. Power cost is 150 now instead of 100

Harrier: cost reduced to 1000 from 1200

Black Eagle: cost reduced to 1000 from 1200

Tesla IFV: damage increased to 80 from 60, but attack speed reduced by 11%

IFV: Elite ifvs shoot two less missiles, but these missiles deal increased damage to retain original damage per second. This prevents bug abuse on buildings.

Power Plant: cost reduced to 600 from 800

American Airforce: cost increasted to 1500 from 1000. Build timer decreased to 0.66 from 1.0 to keep build time equal.

Seal ifv: damage to drones reduced by 60%

Spies: can no longer enter barracks or war factories; but cost reduced to 800

Robot tanks: health increased to 200 from 180

Sniper Ifv: attack speed reduced by 20%

BattleFortress: damage bonus given to infantry reduced to 10% from 20%

Prism Tank: Can now shoot while moving.

Chrono Legionnaire: cost reduced to 1200 from 1500

Yuri

Lashers: cost reduced to 650 from 700. Build time modifier reduced to 1.4 from 1.5

Virus: range increased to 12 from 10

Tank bunker: health reduced to 600 from 1000

Gatling tank: health reduced to 200 from 210; can carry a passenger; stage 1 ground weapon reduced to range of 5 from 6; stage 1 ground damage decreased to 15 from 25

Boomer: Calling card added.

Chaos drone: Build timer reduced to 1.0 from 1.1

Grinder: cost increased to 800. health of grinder also reduced to 500 from 900

Yuri clone: disabled inside bf

Magnetron: Reduced the size of lifting to 5 from 5000. Units above size 5 are too heavy to lift for level 1 magnetrons. Rate of Fire units increased to 200 units up from 20 units (attack speed reduced.) Secondary weapon range increased to 11 from 10. (can damage miners). Damage increased to 100 from 80. Cannot attack up hills with primary weapon.

Brute: cost reduced to 400 from 500

Mastermind: overload damage doubled. Overload count changed to 3,4,5,6 instead of 3,6,10,50

Bio Reactor: power each infantry gives reduced to 25 from 100.

Neutral

Dogs: attack speed reduced by 50%

Walls: Can be built 4 more grids away from base, and the segments are increased to 10 from 5

Crates: Yuri mcv removed from crates; crate radius increased to 5 from 3; upgrade crates (armor,firepower,speed,promotion) now have a 25% chance to spawn up from 10%;

the healing crate has been removed

Also, keep in mind that movement speed is different depending on the unit. There's infantry movement speed, tank movement speed, and flying movement speed. For example, the terrorist is not as fast as the demolition truck even though they have the same value for speed.

I must give thanks to those that have contributed with their constructive critique. This has been a group effort. Your inquiry is greatly appreciated! Namely:

Kireeek; KinKys3x; Zerostrike; Korc; AndrewFord; ZiGZaG

Edited by FlyingMustache
Zip file added
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

• 10 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 5/22/2017 at 1:18 AM, Blazer said:

such a retarded mode...

westwood knew 10x more than you that has made the game like this...

Westwood knew how to program the game is all. They didn't know how to balance it. There was no time to balance test it. They had a deadline to meet and rushed the game. Not to mention, even if they got to test it, they still wouldn't know. The programmers weren't pros, they just designed the game for fun. While I'm not the best player around, I'm definitely experienced enough to understand how all the units mesh together. Plus you don't need to work for westwood to know math. Some units were very cost inefficient. Also some were completely useless to the meta game and needed a bit of a buff. Yuri was much too strong and also needed to be changed. We have plenty of ggs regardless of nations now and if there are problems, we fix them. Lastly, you don't have to play them if you don't want. It's not like I'm imposing this on anyone.

Edited by FlyingMustache
Additional inquiry
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, fir3w0rx said:

What are boomer 'calling cards' and what does 'fearless' do (Tanya and Tesla Troopers)?

+1

Calling card boomer means that the boomer will make a sound like the kirov or demo when it's made. Fearless tanya and troopers mean that they will no longer crawl in fear when shot at. Also, I will add zip files to the main post with the maps in just a moment

Edited by FlyingMustache
  • Upvote 2

On 5/22/2017 at 1:18 AM, Blazer said:

such a retarded mode...

westwood knew 10x more than you that has made the game like this...

Truest thing I've ever read. Why would I play a new, updated game instead of one that was abandoned years ago? It's not like modern games get updated or anything.

A number of the edits you make, I agree with, to an extent, but I want to add  that you have to be receptive to criticism.  Prime example is you today.   You saw 3 apoc and 7 red smoking rhinos(from gi on cliff) lose to 9 tank destroyers, a bf, and 2 prisms in a tight space.  You tried to "prove a point" to me previously saying that apoc attacking on move is op by pointing out that i lost that clearly unwinnable fight.

You also pick favorites.  You only listen to the above mentioned players in your "thank yous" when it comes to editing what you have.  I can only guess that according to you, they're the ones with the best knowledge of the game.  But it's ok, you're a human being, and everyone has faults and pride.  But I'm hoping in the future you can learn to respect the criticism of other players, rather than in my case intensifying and increasing the frequency of your racist comments along with Kinkys3x and Korc, just because I don't agree with you.

Now, keep in mind a unit being "op" is not normally a problem in this game, of course depending on the map and the selection of countries.  Because if my opponent decides to spam the op apoc or tesla tanks, then so can i (or the unit that counters that).  That's the exact same story for the original game, and the exact same response you had when people today said telsa tanks were op - "grizzly rapes them".  There is an answer to everything, even though one might take more skill than another.  Be careful that "balancing" the game doesn't diminish the need for certain trademark skills (e.g. tc, bo) to come out on top.

No matter the mode, you have to be either faster, smarter or more knowledgeable, luckier, or all of the above to win.

Playing mx is fun sometimes because it feels like a different game.  But in the end you should be more objective about the game you're pushing so hard to create.  I do respect the move you're trying to make, but really there is not that much wrong with the game other than its rushed addition of yuri.  It's why, throughout its history, players have been able to compete at the highest level using any faction - though some easier than others.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Gun_Man said:

A number of the edits you make, I agree with, to an extent, but I want to add  that you have to be receptive to criticism.  Prime example is you today.   You saw 3 apoc and 7 red smoking rhinos(from gi on cliff) lose to 9 tank destroyers, a bf, and 2 prisms in a tight space.  You tried to "prove a point" to me previously saying that apoc attacking on move is op by pointing out that i lost that clearly unwinnable fight.

You also pick favorites.  You only listen to the above mentioned players in your "thank yous" when it comes to editing what you have.  I can only guess that according to you, they're the ones with the best knowledge of the game.  But it's ok, you're a human being, and everyone has faults and pride.  But I'm hoping in the future you can learn to respect the criticism of other players, rather than in my case intensifying and increasing the frequency of your racist comments along with Kinkys3x and Korc, just because I don't agree with you.

Now, keep in mind a unit being "op" is not normally a problem in this game, of course depending on the map and the selection of countries.  Because if my opponent decides to spam the op apoc or tesla tanks, then so can i (or the unit that counters that).  That's the exact same story for the original game, and the exact same response you had when people today said telsa tanks were op - "grizzly rapes them".  There is an answer to everything, even though one might take more skill than another.  Be careful that "balancing" the game doesn't diminish the need for certain trademark skills (e.g. tc, bo) to come out on top.

No matter the mode, you have to be either faster, smarter or more knowledgeable, luckier, or all of the above to win.

Playing mx is fun sometimes because it feels like a different game.  But in the end you should be more objective about the game you're pushing so hard to create.  I do respect the move you're trying to make, but really there is not that much wrong with the game other than its rushed addition of yuri.  It's why, throughout its history, players have been able to compete at the highest level using any faction - though some easier than others.

There's racial epithets being thrown around in YR? And even by some of the most well respected and  well spoken gentleman you have just mentioned? Oh dear....what is this world coming too?:huh:

GunMan, where do I begin? There's nothing wrong with criticism. I actually embrace it and want it to better perfect the  balance that I've been working at. That's my main mission. Hell, some of those changes above weren't my idea but suggestions that I had gotten before. The problem with you is that you never gave any constructive critique to begin with. You would push the narrative that shoot move apocs are op because "I said so." You never gave any explanation or reason as to why. How does that help me? The only reason you think I'm picking favorites is because I didn't take you seriously and do take others' words with more consideration. If you want to actually discuss and debate the issue of yours rather than just pout about it, then I'll consider it. You just have to give me something. And no, I'm not racist towards you because I don't agree with you. I'm never racist to you at all. Despite what you may think about me, I actually respect you and think you're a cool guy. I find it a shame that you've been more negative towards me the last couple months. "Mustache is garbage. He doesn't know the game. I can easily beat him." Etc. Because you were always a gg type player. I guess you've been getting so much influence from Matt, because you're sounding like him more nowadays.

The meta game in the mod is almost exactly the same. TC and BO are the driving attributes to winning. The only difference being that almost every unit is used and more viable and Yuri is actually used in team games without being too overbearing. I can agree with you about the vanilla balance to an extent. However, when 99% of games consist of America and Iraq I grow weary of such an imbalance. It's been this way since the beginning. Even you must admit that nearly all games come to this, with the occasional Korea and France mixed in. The other nations need a little bit of love too.

• Upvote 1

To start, I guess i'll just start recording the racism.  That'll help you to remember.  Though I guess at this point all u all need to do is stop - which is what I want anyway.

Apart from that, I've never called you garbage and never said you don't know the game, but yes I've definitely said I can beat you.  Don't see how that is an insult and I don't see what that has to do with mx.

Of course TC and BO are driving attributes to winning - as it was before.  I just said be careful that you don't change that.  An example is Tesla tanks which offensively dominate almost anything - tanks, buildings, infantry, and can shoot over walls - require no sort of planning or skill to use them.  It's basically a supercharged version of the "unbalanced" rhino tank from ra2.  Imagine u mix in a few dogs with ur tesla and the enemy mixes in dogs with rhinos.  Ur tanks will kill like 3 dogs per shot while theirs struggle to deal damage.  That's just one of the situations I envisioned as I thought about it last night.

I can say in my opinion, as a whole mx has done a good job to balance some things.  But using a unit and saying wow, this is easy...I don't think that was your aim in using mx.  I've actually never thought that playing the original game, btw.  And just because I didn't sit and test hmmm, is it the range, the damage, blah blah...that's for you to test and decide since ur the one that does the edits and you have a better understanding through experience how the edits can change a unit.  But the first step is accepting that it's not perfect.

Edited by Gun_Man

I think you're basing too much on last night's game. Matt made the mistake of pitting mirage against tesla tanks. Tesla tanks counter mirage hardcore and thus Kireeek got them all promoted due to this. That has never happened in previous games and Kireeek gathered a lot of elites during that game. Though, it does seem like elite teslas are overtuned. It was a first time for both of us to see that and it was definitely a learning experience. Like I said before, nobody ever got so many elites like that before so I never got to truly see their power as elites. That said, I don't see them being too powerful as greens seeing as they're not cost efficient in dealing with rhino + dogs and deal reduced damage to them.

When it comes to units being easy... I think this whole game in general is pretty easy to play and grasp so I don't really see that as an issue. Even the vanilla game, despite you thinking otherwise. Especially since you still have to outwit and outskill your opponent. Lastly, I never suggested this mod was perfect so I don't know why you're mentioning that as a first step to take. I thank you for feedback though.

• Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/23/2017 at 9:59 PM, FlyingMustache said:

Westwood knew how to program the game is all. They didn't know how to balance it. There was no time to balance test it. They had a deadline to meet and rushed the game. Not to mention, even if they got to test it, they still wouldn't know. The programmers weren't pros, they just designed the game for fun. While I'm not the best player around, I'm definitely experienced enough to understand how all the units mesh together. Plus you don't need to work for westwood to know math. Some units were very cost inefficient. Also some were completely useless to the meta game and needed a bit of a buff. Yuri was much too strong and also needed to be changed. We have plenty of ggs regardless of nations now and if there are problems, we fix them. Lastly, you don't have to play them if you don't want. It's not like I'm imposing this on anyone.

very well said sir, but i rather play YR not mx.quite different games you know.i have more fun playing the original YR than some stupid mx maps(many would agree on this as well).idk how you make the fun out of those **** :(