Regarding Commander

robskate

I'm sure many of you in the RA community are aware of some recent videos posted by Commander on Youtube that are accusing me of wrongdoing regarding CNCnet and the Red Alert Ladder.  While I usually wouldn't respond to something like this, I feel in this case it is necessary.  The accusations made by Commander are completely false, and I haven't been able to properly defend myself because he has removed my comments under his videos.  My removed response to his first Youtube video is below:

I see above you tried to sugar coat this video post about me by calling me a great player, but being an honest player is far more important to me. What you are alleging is that the ladder is crooked, or that I or other admins change the outcomes of games to protect my points, which is completely false. Since you wanted to talk in facts, let's talk about facts for a second. You're playing with more than 5 ladder names this month: FACT. You have over 20 DC games this month, and players have asked me to remove the player named STINK (you) and TAKAJA (also you) for disconnecting games vs them over and over: FACT. Why is that happening, you didn't seem to respond in your post above because you know this is true, and of course you don't have anything to say.  I also know you mentioned that you are purposely trying to glitch the ladder.

So I'll ask my opponents on ladder over the past year or so to post after me here; players who I have played dozens/hundreds of games against. Players like Ford, RC, Diga, Butch, Faust, Katsh, Yuz, McLovin, Croboys, Lordy, Maddux, Stacks, and anyone else I have played. Have I ever removed a win, or removed a DC game you felt you won, or done ANYTHING that you felt was unfair or dishonest on the ladder? In ANY month over the past 15 months, has this happened to any player even once?  If so please comment below, if not please also comment below.  See Commander you are the problem here. I have never done anything dishonest on the ladder, and I can assure you I don't need to remove games to preserve my points.

The italics above were simply responses to Commander's first video.  Now there is another video posted accusing me of being a corrupted admin and for banning people without reason.  I have been a CNCnet admin for several years now and during that time I have banned less than 10 people, and of course I would not ban someone without reason.  Just to be clear, Commander is not banned because of insulting me, blaspheming my name, or falsely accusing me of cheating on Youtube.  He is banned for his ridiculous amounts of disconnected games on the ladder, which can in no way be a coincidence.  I have received too many PM's from trusted players about disconnections from Commander's many nicknames for it to go ignored.  

Finally, I would close this post by asking for any player who has had a positive or negative experience with me on the ladder, or a positive or negative experience with me as an Admin on CNCNet to please leave feedback on this post. 

-Robskate

Edited by robskate

I’ll reply this with my observations after some asking around, so what I say here is what I’ve gathered and inferred from what I’ve gathered and not anything subjective, arbitrary and borne out of personal sentiment. So that means I may something favorable or unfavorable about both parties.

Firstly, the allegation that robskate deliberately disconnects games to avoid losing points is false. I’ve asked the regular players on ladder and none have ever reported anything of the sort, I’ve played a ton of games with him and there was no foul play. It’s the opposite for my case instead, I recall robskate removing a game that awarded points to him after a disconnect at the very start, I also mentioned this to Commander. Before Commander’s allegation there had been no complaints of robskate being an unethical ladder player. The closest thing to a ‘dispute’ would be my PM discussion with him after I wrote a blog post talking about the ladder’s flaws; he wasn’t too pleased about it at first but we had a good lengthy discussion on how to improve things. Nothing hostile or personal.

I also had several players saying that Commander deliberately disconnects games when he’s losing and he does this when he’s playing as other usernames. However, there’s a burden of proof on this one. We can’t say for sure which username belongs to whom so mere accusations, no matter how many, aren’t sufficient to say guilty or not. This is something I’ve been talking about for a long time, there needs to be a concrete way to determine the owner of a username. I’m not technically sound in this area; the first I can think of is IPs and I don’t think that’s so private since everyone’s IPs are readily visible on cncnet if I’m not wrong. CncNet expert opinion on this is much appreciated.

For this reason I think the right course of action is to remove the ladder ban on Commander unless sufficient proof is found. Commander also alleges that he’s been banned from cncnet itself and if this is true, I’ll suggest removing that since the ladder dispute is separate and distinct from playing non-ladder games on cncnet. Right now it’s important that both parties do not ban each other from any form of communication to prevent accusations of deliberate blocking or filtering of comments, and this will push both parties to come up with rebuttals until the silent one, aka the most likely guilty one is determined. Since we somehow become more civilized when we post on this website (and not on YouTube),  then this page should be where it’s resolved. Robskate or the CncNet (this website) admins should make it clear that Commander will not be banned from posting any comments on this website, and so Commander cannot allege blocking of comments and will have to make his case here. If either party refuses to rebut here despite the assurance of no blocking, then it’s circumstantial evidence at least that that party is guilty.

Edited by RC1985

About Robskate: We played a ladder series just before all this started where one game disconnected and the ladder website awarded him the points. Without me saying anything he immediately told me he would have the game removed because he didn’t want undeserved wins.

About Commander: I have always liked Commander and was very disappointed to learn that he is infact all these randomly named users that has been disconnecting when losing on ladder. I was very frustrated when playing against stink and tokaja, the games they won I said gg and resigned, but when I was winning they disconnected and the games didn’t even show up on ladder website. All you need to do to confirm these users are him is compare the games he has uploaded on youtube to the stats of those same games on the ladder website and you can easily see the usernames he has played these games under. The ones I have checked out has matched him to stink and tokaja and I have also had others tell me they have matched him to more usernames that has done the same against them. The fact that he is trying to deny this tells me all I need to know really. I do not hold grudges Commander, anyone can make mistakes, and I hope that when you come back you will stop this and and we can have good games instead :)

About the ladder: As you can see I have played more ladder then anyone this month, I tried ladder a couple times before, but could never get a single game despite waiting for hours. This month it seems many players has taken affection to the fantastic features the ladder offers and there always seems to be games which is great. For us who want to improve on 1v1 games, learn new maps and compete against top players the ladder is fantastic and it offers a different challenge from «regular» team games.

- McLovin

40 minutes ago, McLovin said:

About Robskate: We played a ladder series just before all this started where one game disconnected and the ladder website awarded him the points. Without me saying anything he immediately told me he would have the game removed because he didn’t want undeserved wins.

....All you need to do to confirm these users are him is compare the games he has uploaded on youtube to the stats of those same games on the ladder website and you can easily see the usernames he has played these games under. The ones I have checked out has matched him to stink and tokaja and I have also had others tell me they have matched him to more usernames that has done the same against them. 

Thanks for pointing this out and I’m left wondering why I didnt think of this earlier. Simple stats at the end of the match are cold hard proof.

I didn’t say it out earlier, but there’s a mountain of circumstantial evidence pointing to Commander as the guilty party, because I wanted only solid undeniable evidence. Now with end-of-match stats matching, it’s out in the open. Commander is most likely the true culprit behind the intentional disconnecting. With players coming forth to either answer robskate’s question here or match end of game stats, it’s only a matter of time that this is confirmed.

But while the ladder ban is now legit, I’ll still say that Commander should not be banned from playing regular games. The ladder dispute has nothing to do with non ladder games and preventing Commander from the latter is very unjust. Neither does it give a good impression of the limit of power given to the admins if I be bluntly honest.

Commander - maybe you’d want to reply here with anything to refute all this because refusing to do so (there’s no sign that you’re banned from this website) is just a stronger indication of guilt. What more with further accusative uploads on YouTube while blocking robskate from defending himself, which is sort of an admission that you know the facts will incriminate you. I already can see where this is heading anyway, so it’s perhaps best to apologize and stop this from escalating any further. Everyone makes mistakes and CnCNet has given second if not third chances to people who committed serious offenses, so let’s move on and have great games. You’re one of the better, promising players who could give the pros serious competition and it’d be great to see you rise to the top.

The only issue i've ever had with rob was that his internet has been shit in the recent months.

I always thought commander as a chill relaxed dude who records as a hobby and just says GG after each game. Unfortunately i was wrong. The confusing thing is he doesn't want to solve the issue (which is displayed because he ignored me, robs and anyone who supports him in the slightest). He also has been uploading videos with more passive-aggressive titles recently.

The problem with mander ignoring people in this way is the fact that it can potentially put a divide on the community with a sort of "with-us-or-against-us" mentality. Not to be dramatic, but this by definition makes commander intolerant.