[4] Clover Instinct

Megavolt

First map I've made ready to share. 

Map is either 2v2 or FFA. Will require Yuri's Revenge to play. Map features 4 starting islands separated by destroy-able bridges and water. Each base is also connected via beaches at the back of their base. These ramps should be relatively okay to defend. Each starting island has 2 Oil Derricks for added income, these are located near the ramps going to the beach. In the middle of the map there is an Tech Airport surrounded by Gems with fast access to all bases. 

Each starting island has 40,575 Ore spread with 2 Ore-mines.

Added Sounds.

(OLD MAP [IMAGE])

*****UPDATE*****

Each starting island has roughly 50,000 Ore spread with 3 Ore-mines. 

Added extra Ore and Ore patches to promote moving out of the base + territorial fights (Thanks for cypherRoooo/nunName for suggestions)

4-clover-instinct-fix5.map [IMAGE]

posted image

Please give any feedback, positive or negative. 

Edited by Megavolt
Updated the map based on suggestions
  • Upvote 4

26 minutes ago, cypher said:

i really like the basic design

IMHO there should be some ore fields on contested areas like the beach/sand between two players.

That's a really good shout! I'll work on putting some resources in there. Do you think Gems would be too much? Maybe just some more Ore.

50 minutes ago, cypher said:

i really like the basic design

IMHO there should be some ore fields on contested areas like the beach/sand between two players.

Yeah. i was thinking that too. You can put some ore outside base on sand path not in the middle of the path but closer to each base. Players will just stick in their base and just try to get the gems in the middle.

• Upvote 2

I think gems would be too much yeah - because the "gem game" is all about the center. I also wouldn't place too much ore between the two spots but more ore mines, like 3 or 4. So it gets much more important in the late game to get out of the base. Early game is about center, late game about ring.