Problem using cnc-ddraw

FooAtari

Question

Hi, looking for some help.

I have been trying to use cnc-draw to run CnC95 in an unscaled window.

I have copied the ddraw.dll into the cnc folder and have the latest 1.06 patch.  As detailed on the sitehttp://hifi.iki.fi/cnc-ddraw/#configuration, I have set the resolution to 1024x768 via ccsetup, set the correct hardware options and disabled all compatibility options.  But I the game will not run in windowed mode (yes it's enabled in ddraw.ini), it just runs in 1024 res at full screen.

I've changed various options and settings to no avail.  Thing is, I'm sure all was OK last time I played several weeks ago.  But can't think what might have changed since then to effect this...

Thanks

but why not play at a bigger resolution?

The amount of map I can see at once is enormous and the sidebar is awesome.

etc.

hmm I really don't want to see enormous map. I wont to play in games like in old days, but bugfree and comfortable. I even love DOS c&c resolution, but in c&c95 better menu and sidebar :) and I wanna see difference between minigunner and grenadier :D

but why not play at a bigger resolution?

The amount of map I can see at once is enormous and the sidebar is awesome.

etc.

There are some peoples that loves to fell how the game was. I got Ultimate DooM in my laptop and I still run it in 320x200 at full screen :P

I used to play it at small (or normal for you guys) resolution

I could put up with it I guess but it was much harder because you just can't see enough.

I was only able to complete the game campaigns (probably also to my player improvement) once I had whacked up the resolution