Help With Windows 7 & Tiberian Sun

sussexlad

Hi all this is my first post here and i hope someone can help,I used to be a avid player of T.S and was hoping to get backonline and play a few online games ,I purchased a copy of T.S on ebay (i now know its free grrrrr) and hurried to install it on my Windows 7 home edition 64bit Laptop,Since Instalation its been nothing but a pain,The game starts up ok but as soon as i click onto any button to get started the game moves onto teh next screen but leaves me lines in the middle of the screen as if two pages have overlapped?,Anyway i have searched online for hours and found many sites and ideas to get around this but none seem to work for me, I have ran as admin running as windows sp2 in compatabillty mode, tryed changed screen ress etc etc

The game will work online buts very weird and unresponsive i have to keep pressing windows butten to goback and then click the program again to move foward, I can chat in the loy but as soon as i click enter it freezes up again, i have asked the same question on the xwis site, but hoping you guys can help too

I cant use windows xp mode as i only have windows 7 home edition so i cant download that either . I have windows virtual pc but finding that hard to use

i know this game works on windows 7 as ive had reports from peopel claiming to use it, Please Please Help  :S

• 1 year later...

next screen but leaves me lines in the middle of the screen as if two pages have overlapped?

This issue was already mentioned, and still, there`s no fix for it YET. anyway, check this topic. Tell us if anything here show a result.

There is a fix for it, you can check my post here, scroll to the end of the post -> http://saidi-theory.blogspot.com/2013/01/play-cnc-tiberian-sun-online.html

Worked for me then it should work to you :)

Keep me tuned with the results

That post you replied to is 2 years old, though. I think they've found a fix since then using a Wine dll.

Please don't go around posting your link in every slightly relevant topic you can find, it's getting a bit annoying if it bumps years old topics like this.

• 6 months later...

For me Tiberian Sun almost reproducibly does crash when Kane appears for the first time in a FMV video during the Nod campaign in a mission won video. Very annoying as the game does not care that you already completed the mission (and it happened twice...). Works just all right on Windows XP. Compatibility mode does not make the game more stable. FMV are crashy and I think some SHP overlays glitch especially for explosions in some mods. This is definitely bit rot you can't workaround easily.