"ARNOLDS ARE OP!" - SAYS BLACK

Hungry Mike

Black complained that Arnolds and early harv bombs are op and "cheap tactics"

Some other ppl think the same way.

But are they? I mean, not only are Arnolds cute, they need beef, too. They have feelings! Nme rekt Black with them and he got mad. But you can make the point that on the other hand on non vet maps naders are op. Gdi has many cheap tactics, only because many ppl use them doesnt make them "not cheap" (rich?).

What do you think?

I was referring to 1 reffing Harv bombs idiot.

don’t even know what an Arnold is. 

Harv bombs have been discussed to death with the low life’s that use them defending with 0 points or substance and the rational unbiased people clearly outlining how they are abusively over powered.

it doesn’t matter because they’ll never be nerfed. Just because it’s not cheating doesn’t make it a non-pathetic and pointless cheap way to get a win.

Edited by Black

On 3/31/2020 at 9:11 PM, Black said:

I was referring to 1 reffing Harv bombs idiot.

don’t even know what an Arnold is. 

Haha, Nme showed you! He sent 6 Arnolds to you and rekt your army, then you complained about this "cheap tactic". When i got your army with Arnolds the game before, you blamed your ally. :)

Question is: Are they really op? Sometimes Nme and I r using them so well, that i really think they are! lol

Just make all light inf vs nod and kill their light inf before killing their cyborgs (cyborgs strength is their health, not their firepower), and if you do make discmen then micro them and don't let them blow up all ur inf.  But, as black mentioned, his complaint was about harv bombs, not Arnolds :P

Edited by Humble
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Humble said:

Just make all light inf vs nod and kill their light inf before killing their cyborgs (cyborgs strength is their health, not their firepower), and if you do make discmen then micro them and don't let them blow up all ur inf.  But, as black mentioned, his complaint was about harv bombs, not Arnolds :P

The problem is: Normally you go with naders as Gdi, as long as you have not an crazy opponent... But it depends on micro, true: Either the one, who has Naders, uses them well or the one, who has Arnolds, gets them to blow up. If you go straight light inf, you should force fire/attack them one by one with your Arnolds, it worked atleast sometimes.
That leads me to another question: Should you just let Arnolds fight by their own or should you force fire with them soldier after soldier? Whats better with normal inf? And is guard mode effective in an inf battle? If you dont want to give up secrets, i fully understand that ;)

It is best to target one inf at a time, unless you have more than 40 or so inf, then its best to have two groups each targeting one target at a time.

Guard mode is alright if you have a proper spread on your inf, but it is best used when you cannot afford to dedicate micro to your inf battle (for example if you are defending your base, or micro scouts, etc.  With guard mode you have to be careful you don't have inf running around targeting enemy inf that are out of reach (thus running around like chickens).  Sometimes hitting 'Stop' on your group of infantry (once they are in a good position) can help.

If you make 2,000$ worth of cyborgs and 2,000$ worth of light infantry, or any combination of infantry/discmen and control them properly, you will see that discmen are still OP (especially if you micro one medic which is also buffed in vet patch).  The problem is that a lot of players make too many discmen for their own good, and do not control them properly, then they blow up and do more damage than good.

It's not good to make more than a small amount of discmen vs. nod anyways, because they can make a harpy early game.

• Like 1