FREE THE ARNOLDS

Hungry Mike

Sources said, they plan on weakening Arnolds in a Vet Bal change. I am strongly opposed to this idea! Man, the gdi fools must cry loudly now lol. Want to be op with inf again (naders mowing down all)?  Dont cave to their sad attempts to ruin the game again. The Vet Bal Patch is a total success and many ppl love it!

If they make Arnolds weaker again on Vet maps, i will not participate in ladder or many WW games anymore - its too fun with Arnolds! I guess i will go 100 % TD then.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

many opinions about balanced,

While not perfect it is well balanced without changes.

every tweak changes the balance of everything else >>>>>> and around and around we go with them.<<<<<<<<<

A good player can win with either faction without changes.

I suspect it it a unbalance of the players strengths and weaknesses more than a unbalance of the units. 

Mike you the only one that is good with borgs like you are should we make inf stronger to counter? or them weaker? around and around again and again and again....

I suck with all the units, but I still poke out the occasional eye...

Edited by amokk
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, amokk said:

Mike you the only one that is good with borgs

Nme is good with them too ;D.

But you are right, Amokk. Its about harmony. If you just pick Arnolds for themselves, without the players playing with or against them, the map, the battle situation, ..., you cant judge about the "balance" of it.

Dont judge each other! Dont judge sweet Arnolds :P. Remember: They just want to live, too.

Why you call them nod+ maps when nod still is same rubish on the maps?

GDI is still OP.

giving ticks armor upgrade doesnt make it OP, or a cc more accuracy vs moving units like titans.....

rest of the unit "upgrades" are still pretty useless.

• 3 weeks later...

I can now happily report after 3 weeks since the new changes were implemented: My Arnolds are still HUNGRY :D. I can live with the current change, and i want to thank the Vet Bal Patch team for giving me and others so much fun with it! Lets have many good games!

Edited by Hungry Mike

On 5/3/2020 at 12:25 AM, Weaponx said:

Why you call them nod+ maps when nod still is same rubish on the maps?

GDI is still OP.

giving ticks armor upgrade doesnt make it OP, or a cc more accuracy vs moving units like titans.....

rest of the unit "upgrades" are still pretty useless.

its true its a nod+ map, i didnt say OP.. mainly a nod buff map thats all im saying... its funny when ticks gets blown to high water with a bomber, like mlrs n stuff too.. makes you wonder why you sent them in such a compromised position knowing their weakness

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, Tibermach said:

its true its a nod+ map, i didnt say OP.. mainly a nod buff map thats all im saying... its funny when ticks gets blown to high water with a bomber, like mlrs n stuff too.. makes you wonder why you sent them in such a compromised position knowing their weakness

i think it is funny   spread them out like anything titans, infantry, planes........i LLLlllloooovvvveeee bombing out 10 planes with a couple bombers, that a good time...!!!  all DAY!

and mike you jack me up with the regular borgs because you know how to use them, well

>>   they need to be stronger? or people should learn how to use them like you?????  they mean, and sometimes you mean ...lol

watch mike use his borgs he does it well

I suspect it it a unbalance of the players strengths and weaknesses more than a unbalance of the units. 

Edited by amokk
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, amokk said:

i think it is funny   spread them out like anything titans, infantry, planes........i LLLlllloooovvvveeee bombing out 10 planes with a couple bombers, that a good time...!!!  all DAY!

and mike you jack me up with the regular borgs because you know how to use them, well

>>   they need to be stronger? or people should learn how to use them like you?????  they mean, and sometimes you mean ...lol

watch mike use his borgs he does it well

I suspect it it a unbalance of the players strengths and weaknesses more than a unbalance of the units. 

Thx ;). Its true that only a few really know how to "arnold" someone. But the vet change to make them stronger is only just. Because, before, they werent effective, if you are not get lucky or have  a tib field sorrounding the enemies base (like in Small Ville)

On 5/18/2020 at 5:35 PM, Tibermach said:

Ticks are equivalent to titans, also price wise, and even more funny is, IT WAS NOT intended to be that weak and the developers wanted to fix this but did get the chance to finish before everything was shut down.

Also did you watch the video where i emp a bunch of titans and just when im about to send out ticks to kill them, 1 bomber killed them all 7 ticks deployed mode, so how would i spread and deploy them them in such short time?

The borgs are all fine, not OP.  People just don't respect the unit and unit value. One borg = 6 inf. so when you see 6-7 of them inc its a big inf rush , you will need inf to kill them. Also don't be an idiot and fight them on the tib.

I admit a harv bomb and 6-7 borgs can be hard to defend, but it can be stopped.

Edited by Weaponx
  • Like 1

tics are quicker than titans tho, or maybe recon bikes... or artillery.. maybe just roll your tics right into the titans before deploying so bombs titans some too.. or a sub or two with rocket inf after your recon bikes got bombed.. or bans and arts.. TSplayer used to use tics alot always made me laugh altho good if sat in as base defence... its all about combinations and trump cards...

I see why you always die  so easy in 1v1 and 2v2., your logic fails in several aspects. Check the video where toprush comes to me with titans, even if  i used rocket inf they would die by the bomber, where do you want to deploy ticks on a hill? You cant.

All your brilliant ideas doesn't not change the fact, that west wood wanted to change and fix the ticktank, and therefore the vet armor upgrade when deployed is a fair and valid upgrade.

But ill let you in on a secret, i dont need vet to own anyone, i do it all fine without, but i prefer fair game play and hot fixes to nod on the areas where its clearly needed, and should/ would have been fixed at the time but didn't. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

As for the borgs, they are not OP as a unit alone. You do pure borg rush (borg + inf), vs basic inf, they will lose unless you fight on tib.

However they can seem OP or very hard if you send a harvbomb with borgs, so its the combo which can be seen as "OP". And i have to say it is a hard combo to defend but its possible, but remember if this attacks fails they player will be behind econwise and with 1 harv less early game.

it is the same concept wihout vet borgs, if you send them  with a harv bomb, it is hard to kill.

Another thing which makes borgs seem OP, if peoples inf control is just bad or lacking.

Edited by Weaponx
  • Thanks 1

Make 6500$ worth of light inf, and 6500$ worth of borgs/harv, and the inf will win every time, unless the player controlling the inf simply dont control them while the harv is trying to run them over.  You can spam the 'scatter' key while constantly re-targeting the borgs, or manually move 4-5 inf at a time away from the harv, either will work.

If the borgs are combined with light inf, simply kill the light inf first.

The only issue with borgs the way they are in the vet patch, is that people see 4-5 borgs and dont respect them or plan accordingly.  A borg costs roughly 5.5 times what a light inf does, so if you see 5 borgs then it is roughly equal to 27-28 light inf, even though the same $ worth of light inf will beat the borgs every time with the exception of mindlessly engaging the borgs in tib, but light inf should not be running around in tib in the first place.

Making a harv bomb or selling a ref and sending the harv out with borgs also significantly slows the economy and allows the opponent to 1. get ahead in eco, or 2. go on the offensive teching up faster.

The issue is simply not respecting the borgs as a decent unit, because for such a very long time they have been absolutely worthless, but as the way they are after being nerfed twice in the last vet patches, they are really not a big deal unless you do not micro your inf at all.

Myself and many others have tested this and the light inf come out on top every single time, even vs players like mola and carnage who have very good inf micro.

If you make 10 discmen and mix them in with your light inf, and let them pop, then you have bigger issues then borgs to think about.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Humble said:

nerfed twice

Did you change something else other than the range?

You are right, Humble, that many underestimate them. With light inf vs them: It depends on the situation. If you sell cy and go for unlimited Arnolds, it can be very nasty... :D Its a unit that has to be microed well; if you cant do it, you get rekt.