Question about a Tiberian Dawn cutscene

Hugo2607

Just a small bit of information.

At 2:19 - 2:20 material from the "underwater fight" cutscene, also shown in the ending, can be seen.

Just a question by the way. Are there any leaked "complete" beta-version cutscenes from Tiberian Dawn out there?

A little specification:

complete means, not part of an already available video.

I reconstructed a few, from TD, RA and TS, using ingame material, the TFD extras, old trailers and video material released on some of the 3D artists' sites.

Command & Conquer: Sniper Alley

Red Alert GPS Launch

Tiberian Sun Firestorm: Mobile EMP

Tiberian Sun Dropship video

Cyborg Reapers bombed

Wow thanks for your hard work. When I find the time I'll try to reconstruct (i.e. find and/or create sound effects and add it to the vids) some of the videos from the ending of TD. Oh yes and I found something very valuable

Official trailer from 1995

Some of the unreleased FMVs without sound but nevertheless complete!!!

Here's the link to the CD containing the Video: Command & Conquer Trailer 1995 it's from this site: Abandoned Magazines

Great find, the sniper alley cutscene in its entirety! :D (sans sound, however). I also wonder what Kane is angry at in the briefing cutscene - I'm sure his speech was of the Large Ham variety ^_^

BTW, notice how Kane is actually very calm usually in the full version's briefings. Even when talking with scorn, it's more of a cold through the teeth speech filled with resentment, rather than the shouting and waving of hands as seen in this beta cutscene :) I think his calm demeanor does add to the character, as he shows that he's above the minor setbacks he might have, and has confidence in his plans.

I wonder what the "liquid Terminator" sequence with the Apache was all about :huh:

Most other scenes are rather familiar, and the flak APC one is even in the game files.

BTW, I also remember another trailer (not sure if it was the original or a reconstruction) where the interior of the Temple of Nod was shown briefly, with screens on the sides and also bald-headed acolytes (?) standing in alcoves.

Great find, the sniper alley cutscene in its entirety! :D (sans sound, however).

No problem  :)

BTW, notice how Kane is actually very calm usually in the full version's briefings. Even when talking with scorn, it's more of a cold through the teeth speech filled with resentment, rather than the shouting and waving of hands as seen in this beta cutscene :) I think his calm demeanor does add to the character, as he shows that he's above the minor setbacks he might have, and has confidence in his plans.

I actually like this cutscene due to the fact that screens of this cutscene were in every magazine, on every poster and everywhere, during the time of the promotion of the game.

I wonder what the "liquid Terminator" sequence with the Apache was all about :huh:

I presume just a fancy presentation of a new Apache prototype.

Most other scenes are rather familiar, and the flak APC one is even in the game files.

Yes, but nevertheless in this version there are some very small differences (lights, aspect ratio). There should be also a trailer with parts of the RESCUE cutscene.

BTW, I also remember another trailer (not sure if it was the original or a reconstruction) where the interior of the Temple of Nod was shown briefly, with screens on the sides and also bald-headed acolytes (?) standing in alcoves.

This should be on the First Decade Bonus Disc (Louis Castle interview). And it's one of the iconic pictures of the game box.

Box cover

Have someone (with some reputation of being a hardcore C&C fan) ever tried to contact the people of the late Westwood studios and ask them about beta cutscene material? Since C&C is freeware now and some new material came up on the First Decade Disc (Temple cutscene), which was released 2006. There might be a chance that some of them have copies of the material or at least some information about trailer or sampler cds. Even if it's a small straw and the chances are slim it's at least an idea. I doubt that I or someone else will find such a rare material in the near future  :)

Have someone (with some reputation of being a hardcore C&C fan) ever tried to contact the people of the late Westwood studios and ask them about beta cutscene material? Since C&C is freeware now and some new material came up on the First Decade Disc (Temple cutscene), which was released 2006. There might be a chance that some of them have copies of the material or at least some information about trailer or sampler cds. Even if it's a small straw and the chances are slim it's at least an idea. I doubt that I or someone else will find such a rare material in the near future  :)

Personally I'm unaware of any such attempts, I'm afraid there were too many "opportunities" for the old materials to get lost, unless someone of the employees had enough foresight to archive whatever they could. I wish there were more people like Joe Siegler of Apogee/3D Realms who'd be both enthusiastic and responsible about their home company's/studio's legacy.

One of the 3D artists of WW was on YouTube and posted some C&C1 3D prototype videos, but it seems to be missing from my Favourites now :(

I got it on hard disk, though. It contains:

-Several 3D cutscene tests (without environment) of the X-O suit

-The X-O suit video used for the TS trailer ingame

-The harvester-in-tiberium-field video (used in a few places in the game)

-The Scorpion tail breaking through GDI logo video

-An animation of "NOD" graffiti being sprayed over a GDI recruiting poster

-The video of a base under siege from all sides

-The full quality version of the Microwave Weapon video

-An animation showing how tiberium cells mutate animal and plant cells

-A real-time version of the mutation of a tree to blossom tree, of which the game only uses stills to show the evolution (admitted though, the morphs look weird and rather unrealistic)

-The Hell Valley cutscene showing visceroids and veinholes

-The refinery schematic video

-A longer version of the game's REFINT video, showing longer tunnels in the refinery's interior, and stopping at some warning sign on the way

Oh, on that note, kinda forgot this one. Also contains some cutscene bits.

Command & Conquer ingame betas

I heard something about there being plans for the icons to be 3D wireframes or something, to look hi-tech.

One of the 3D artists of WW was on YouTube and posted some C&C1 3D prototype videos, but it seems to be missing from my Favourites now :(

I got it on hard disk, though. It contains:

-Several 3D cutscene tests (without environment) of the X-O suit

-The X-O suit video used for the TS trailer ingame

-The harvester-in-tiberium-field video (used in a few places in the game)

-The Scorpion tail breaking through GDI logo video

-An animation of "NOD" graffiti being sprayed over a GDI recruiting poster

-The video of a base under siege from all sides

-The full quality version of the Microwave Weapon video

-An animation showing how tiberium cells mutate animal and plant cells

-A real-time version of the mutation of a tree to blossom tree, of which the game only uses stills to show the evolution (admitted though, the morphs look weird and rather unrealistic)

-The Hell Valley cutscene showing visceroids and veinholes

-The refinery schematic video

-A longer version of the game's REFINT video, showing longer tunnels in the refinery's interior, and stopping at some warning sign on the way

One word.... astonishing. It might sound a little bit impudent, but could you attach or upload these files? But nevertheless, thank you very much for the information.

Oh, on that note, kinda forgot this one. Also contains some cutscene bits.

Command & Conquer ingame betas

Yeah I know that one. There are some classic cutscenes in it (part of the sniper ally and Kane's emotional briefing) as well as two interesting ones (Temple scene and a strange orca scene)

I heard something about there being plans for the icons to be 3D wireframes or something, to look hi-tech.

Wireframe icons, sounds nice but nevertheless the 2D icons were also neat :)

Sorry to say, but uh, there's nothing new in there. That's just the scene at frame #320 in visor.vqa, followed by the pilot boosting the jet engines from the RA Mig video.

btw, these trailers can be found in vqa format on both the CS and AM CDs.

Sorry to say, but uh, there's nothing new in there. That's just the scene at frame #320 in visor.vqa, followed by the pilot boosting the jet engines from the RA Mig video.

btw, these trailers can be found in vqa format on both the CS and AM CDs.

Sorry if I stirred up some expectations, but I don't care much about RA. But nevertheless this small scene from the RA movie fits very well to the VISOR, BOMBAWAY cutscenes IMHO ;)

Thank you for the information about the trailers :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

BTW, Nyer, do you have a list of all official trailers for Command & Conquer and Red Alert? Were they only published with Westwood's releases, or also made available through other means (magazine coverdisks etc.)? What about TV commercials? Maybe some gameplay footage that somehow got into possession of a TV channel and was used in a programme (other than a commercial, that is :))?

Well, let's list what I got...

As original VQA:

-C&C1: German "Ode An die Freude" trailer

-RA1: English MTV clip #1

-RA1: English MTV clip #2

-RA1: English "Dies Irae" trailer

-RA1: German "Dies Irae" trailer

-RA1: English trailer included in The Covert Ops

-RA1: French trailer included in Opérations Survie (Same as English Covert Ops RA1 trailer, just with "Alerte Rouge" text)

-RA1: German trailer included in Der Ausnahmezustand (Same as English Covert Ops RA1 trailer, just with "Alarmstufe Rot" text)

As avi:

-RA1: English trailer from the WW FTP, with the Tanya infiltration scenes. There's a YT version here. (the avi's audio cracks like crazy when I try to play it on my PC, and the only other YT version I've found has audio desync due to the framerate being too high)

-English C&C1 cinematic trailer with full sniper alley and Kane beta briefing FMVs (the one Kakyou linked to). The demo CD containing it can be downloaded here)

As flv, saved from YouTube:

-English C&C1 trailer with very early C&C alpha/beta version visible (left-side sidebar, Dune II trooper icon)

And then, not really a trailer, but, Alienpixel's C&C1 deleted scenes video: (successfully downloaded this one as mp4)

-AlienPixel's C&C1 showcase

-C&C pages on Alienpixel's full showcase site

I just found what appears to be a CD full of Westwood demo videos (Well, Virgin, but a lot of it is WW). It's from that same site I got the other trailer from. It's "Génération 4" - CD 104. I'll see what's in it, but it seems like a ton of .mov videos :)

http://www.abandonware-magazines.org/affiche_mag.php?mag=27&num=4158&album=oui

Ooh, some interesting stuff. Might even be a new render.

• 2 years later...

Well, let's list what I got...

-RA1: English "Dies Irae" trailer

-RA1: German "Dies Irae" trailer

Sorry, for resurrecting an old thread but just had to let you know that a french version of this trailer also exists, with 'Alerte Rougue' and the end, I actually have it in vqa format with DOS viewer to play it. I also have the german version but the English one has always alluded me and would love to get my hands the original vqa of that.