Question about a Tiberian Dawn cutscene

Hugo2607

My email with the trailer keeps being blocked :( it says it's unable to send it because of EXE files within the rar archive, but when I rename the extensions of these to something else it still comes up with the same error message. I have also sent you just a message with nothing attached but the same occurs. I'm using Yahoo, any suggestions?

By the way, I have 2 versions of the German video... one is like the rest, the other has the German C&C1 Commando saying the German "time to rock & roll" line on the Westwood logo screen at the end ;)

Funny you should mention that,  I have just realised myself that I have yet another German version :O It also has speech at the end but it doesn't say "time to rock & roll", it says something in German about twice as long. It seems genuine since that sound of the wind can still be heard in the background while the speech is playing. It also occures on the Westwood logo screen at the end.

Sorry strike the above, It is the same version as yours :( I only realised when I had the volume pumped up and I could make out what he was sayng propely. It doesn't help when he doesn't sound anything like the English commando!

• 5 weeks later...

Meh. It's just a cutscene from the game anyway. The title is there, "C&C Tiberian Dawn - Tiberium info 1". That's TBRINFO1.VQA. So look it up on YT again or extract it from the game? There's a VQA player decoder plugin in the downloads.

[edit]

Edited Hugo2607's post with a working link. Happy now?  :P

That "terminator" apache is not an apache, either, I think it's a black hawk. The same one you see take off of the GDI aircraft carrier in that other clip.

There's also a totally new jet in that picture of the GDI recruitment poster. I know there's a super GDI jet that never made it into the game, though it still blows up a nod F-22 in a video, but this one is different again. Just thought I'd point this out :P Don't suppose any of these vehicles ever got names. I suppose they were going to have more fixed wing craft in the game (like RA1) but just never implemented it.

-Liam

I've seen a still render of the one with the curled tail fins. It's part of a vid that came with TFD. I wouldn't mind seeing the other ones.

-Liam

And yeah, if you look near the start, someone said it was an apache. hehe. Makes me wonder if they were ever going to have the black hawk in it... Would be a cool unit to make...

Dang, I need a more editable RA xD (I demand moar!)