(Sloved)CnC 95 Opening game menu results in a auto loss(Sloved)

antoniusCNC

I created a random game with AI to get use to the game again and to test out the best settings for play before playing with ppl so i don't waste time. But every time I open the game menu I automatically lose the game as if I had aborted it. Any reason for this? I can record it to show if needed.

Here's a video to show my problem:

CnC95_001.mp4

Let me see If I understood.

- You Open a New game in C&C95, and add the AI. But when you launch it, you lose.

Simple. Don't press anything while launching the game. Some guys presses R, and it will make you surrender at the start :P

I lose when open the game options menu. Sorry should of said options. I'll add a video link in the post above to show what I'm getting.

You have to understand, the game speed slider is actually a reversed game DELAY slider. Put it on maximum, and there is no delay, meaning it runs at maximum CPU speed. If you then allow it to run in a mode where it doesn't even need to draw graphics (by opening the menu), it'll indeed run horribly, horribly fast.

To solve this, just start a single player game, and reduce the game speed there, or open conquer.ini and set the GameSpeed= value to a number from 1 to 6 (6 being slowest).

btw, I'm looking into the fact the speed settings don't always seem to be saved at the moment you leave the menu. I'll hopefully fix that in the next patch. I'm also thinking about adding it in the CCConfig tool

You have to understand, the game speed slider is actually a reversed game DELAY slider. Put it on maximum, and there is no delay, meaning it runs at maximum CPU speed. If you then allow it to run in a mode where it doesn't even need to draw graphics (by opening the menu), it'll indeed run horribly, horribly fast.

To solve this, just start a single player game, and reduce the game speed there, or open conquer.ini and set the GameSpeed= value to a number from 1 to 6 (6 being slowest).

btw, I'm looking into the fact the speed settings don't always seem to be saved at the moment you leave the menu. I'll hopefully fix that in the next patch. I'm also thinking about adding it in the CCConfig tool

Yeah I ended up going into single player to change the speed. thanks for the info.

On a related note, the readme of patch 1.06c has info on how to start in Sandbox mode, without any real enemies.

Though in that case, if you do this maximum speed + menu open thing, you (or the enemy, whoever's closest to the north) will just be killed by spawned visceroids :P

On a related note, the readme of patch 1.06c has info on how to start in Sandbox mode, without any real enemies.

Though in that case, if you do this maximum speed + menu open thing, you (or the enemy, whoever's closest to the north) will just be killed by spawned visceroids :P

That would be fun to watch  XD