Mission Map : Last Post (Soviet Mission, Yuri's Revenge)

Concolor1

Mission map for anyone running Red Alert2 Yuri's Revenge, you will need the Yuri's Revenge mission Disc. The Zip holds the sov01umd.map file and the ra2md.csf string file.  Place these two files in the Westwood Red Alert2 folder. Then launch the game and select the Allied Mission. There is also a read me file and mini map included in the zip. Full list of credits and hints along with more information in the read me file, special thanks to McPwny on this for invaluable assistance.

Once your finished playing this mission simply remove both these files and the Red Alert Game will be restored.

Author: Concolor1
Editor: FinalAlert2 Yuris Revenge

Created:1st Dec, 2002

Originally Created for one of those sites now long gone. Ive decided to upload it once again.

Name: Last Post
Size:80x100
Players: 1
Theatre: Desert

To play this mission:Yuris Revenge mission disc required. Extract the contents of the winzip
file into your Red Alert2 Directory.Launch the game,select new campaign for the Soviets.
The game will then launch.

Info: A small Soviet outpost located deep in the Sahara desert has been attacked! All contact has been lost, but the final reports
told of troops going AWOL into the desert and acting as if controlled by another force. We suspect that Yuri may be responsible for this
atrocity. However we have since been able to establish contact with one solitary engineer who had set-up camp far enough away from the base to
avoid detection. He has been told of the situation and has now confirmed the presence of Yuri's forces in the area.
We want you to guide him safely back to the ruined Soviet base where he's to effect repairs and re-establish control. It will then be down to you 
commander to avenge the loss of our comrades and level all of Yuri's bases out in the desert. Do not fail us!

Objective 1: Guide your Engineer back to the Soviet Base.

Objective 2: Destroy all of Yuri's Base's in the area.

Ok so there u have it,
A RA2md.CFS file has been added. This will overwrite any other RA2mdCSF.file which you may of installed in your 
RA2 Folder from previous downloaded missions.The file contains text which been altered in order to fit 
with the maps theme!
Explanation: The Sov01umd.map file when placed in your RA2 folder preceeds the standard Yuris Revenge game disc missions.
This means that the first mission played when the game is launched will be this mission. To restore your games
original first mission simply remove the Sov01umd.map file from your RA2 folder.
The RA2md.csf file contains the text for this mission, it also preceeds your game disc csf file. As above once you have
finished playing this mission remove the RA2mdcsf.file. This also causes your game to revert to reading from the mission 
disc as opposed to reading data from the RA2 folder.

Hints: I found this one fairly easy, simply send your Engineer North-West to the Soviet base, control is gained as he enters the area, grab those three Crates as you enter.

I took out the Top base First, followed by the Lower Western one, then the Larger Bottom one. Be ready for a rescue mission as you pass the Green Enemy Base to the west. Use Kirov's, Terror Drones and Flak Tracks. Beware of Yuri's mind control units. Plenty of cash crates and oil derricks about.

Various slight moddifications have been added, all to keep in with this missions theme. The moddifications will not alter your 
original RA2 game.

other missions available.....1> Signed & Sealed.       (Allied RA2)
                             2> Temporal Exposure.     (Allied RA2)
                             3> Soviet Stranglehold.   (Allied RA2)
                             4> Prisoner of Conscience.(Yuri   YR)
                             5> The Wolves of Winter.  (Soviet RA2)
                             6> Fierce Intent.         (Allied RA2)
                             7> Shock Tactics.         (Soviet RA2)
                             8> Dominance in Mind.     (Yuri   YR)
                             9> Weathering the Storm.  (Soviet RA2)
                            10> In Cold Storage.       (Allied RA2)
                            11> Identity Crisis.       (Yuri   YR)
                            12> Terminal Lunacy.       (Soviet YR)
                            13> Under Pressure.        (Allied RA2)
                            14> Robot Revolution.      (Allied YR)
                            15> Nuclear Winter.        (Soviet YR)
                            16> Last Post.             (Soviet YR)
                            17> Day of the Desolators. (Allied RA2)
                            18> Engineered to Kill.    (Allied YR)
                            19> Jungle Fortress.       (Allied YR)
                            20> Company of Wolves.     (Soviet RA2)
                            21> End of an Era, pt1 & pt2 (Yuri YR)
                            22> Moon Madness (TX Expansion)
                            23> Siege (TX Expansion)    (Allied YR)
                            24> Wipe Out!              (Allied RA2)
                            25> Foothold               (Soviet RA2)
                            26> Viral Agent            (Yuri   YR)
                            27> Finishing Moves        (Allied RA2)
                            28> ?????????

Finally a big thankyou to the following people who have given so much
help in this field with their ideas and solutions.Lion for the pages he made on his No1 site "RADEN" for my missions and support.
Cannis who also took the trouble to build my very own section at the map guild a great site in it's own right.
DeeZire,(for those unsupported script actions in this mission and help with the finer modifications.ArgCmdr,(who also writes mission
maps,and took the time to explain how DeeZires script-actions,should be written.
Cannis,(for outstanding help with the variables,very grateful  in your time to explain these 
to me,and with all the moddification to the weapons, offering numerous suggestions and help.)
Roadxkill,(for inspiring me with his own missions)RVMECH,for his support in getting my work posted,yet another great
mission builder.
Cr@zyIvan, Cannis and Dark_Desolator for all their help with the weapon moddifications.
Captdoom6,(for supplying the answers to the questions that I never asked)
Appokares,Silverfox,Subzero46,Wardead,Almyghty,Hinheir,CBWhiz,Benianka,Aircraftkiller2001,
ArgComdr and anyone else that I may of overlooked,thanks guys,a big thankyou also to the play
testers whos time was spent going over the mission,thanks for your time and patience guys.

Finally thanks to Matze,for the FA2 utility,and the RA2 CSF Editor.
Also thanks to Olaf Van der Spek for the XCC utilities which I used to extract the md.csf file.

Last Post.zip

SCRN0075.jpg

SCRN0076.jpg

SCRN0079.jpg

SCRN0080.jpg

SCRN0083.jpg

Mini-map.jpg

Edited by Concolor1
  • Like 1

Fortunately any new missions won't have off-map spawning reinforcements, all down to yourself and helping me out with the next release, which i've been play-testing over the weekend. The Ai certainly improves things no end. Always interesting to hear how people win these maps. Thanks again!

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...