Untrainable infantry inside the Battle Fortress

fl3nd3r

I thought I'd find the code quickly, but now I'm wondering if it's possible.
This afternoon in a 3v3, we were 3v1, and the remaining player only had 5 veterans BF.. They were unapproachable..
I would like to know if there is a way to prevent the infantry inside the BF being trainable.
I hope I have explained ^^

Thanks.

p.s.

We always talk about Vanilla.

Edited by fl3nd3r

You can stop infantry types from being trainable completely by putting Trainable=no under each unit types code. 

[E1]

Trainable=no

Would stop Gis from becoming veterans. Its the Units themselves that become trainable, and not the Battle Fortress. Im guessing its possibly something to do with it being classed as Opentopped . so units can shoot out from it, ergo its the unit that gains the veteran ability and not the BF granting it.

Edited by Concolor1

What Im saying is that you would have to put Trainable=no under every unit that can enter a BF, that is trainable, otherwise the other player, will notice what you've done and would naturally use another Unit instead. So in order to stop any units getting to a veteran level you would have to put Trainable=no under each infantry type that could achieve this.

BuildLimit=1 would mean the player could only have one on the map at any one time, unless its spawned from a crate, or lost to mind control.

BuildLimit=-1 would remove that option of building it completely, I think that's right if I recall. However your still running the risk of getting one on the map from a crate.

Edited by Concolor1

Hehe,
it's hard to get players to accept small changes even if they make sense .. think if I take away the ranks of the units lol.

However, usually when I limit a unit, I make sure that it cannot come out of a crate.

Edited by fl3nd3r

Yes I understand that the players that compete against one another aren’t going to be keen on modified rules in multiplayer, as it gives the player whose used it a lot an unfair advantage.

Least in a SP map there’s no competition and you can mess with what you please, the player isn’t going to loose their rank in a game ladder, if they fail.

You are right,
is that on the one hand I still don't have the knowledge to make an SP map "mostly it's my poor English's fault xD", and also .. maybe I regret the good times when I was playing with friends using some modifications that made sense for all of us.
In any case, when I try my maps I always deliberately lose for the benefit of the betatest  :V

In a SP map, you have to try and look for every single option. You have to firstly make sure it can be beaten, that there’s a way to win. Then it gets complicated, you have to loose , tie up loose ends, try multiple ways of winning and go over and over it Day after day until your sick of it. Then you ask someone else to give it a go. Quite simply because they always find something that’s been overlooked, be it a tile error, a trigger that fails or can think of a better way to achieve something. 

SP missions can be complicated, but I made them so others could have an alternative to MP and to add content to the mission side of the game.

For this reason I also mentioned your patience last time ..
I believe that between drawing the map and programming it, the final product comes very close to a work of art.
And anyway I think you are still right .. I'm finding that it doesn't make much sense to waste a lot of time for someone who just wants to hear  "You Victorius" (here I talk about MP maps).

• Thanks 1

Much appreciated, fact is I paint as well. Best of luck with your MP map.

And MP maps can still be well crafted and enjoyed by many. There’s plenty of Triggers that can be used in them. They just have to be Civilian House.

Edited by Concolor1

Thanks for your valuable advice,
I think it's enough to find a group of similar people.
P.s.
Surprise:
In the original game the infantry inside the BF is not trainable as I wanted,: -! ? So the solution exists, Or something broke during the conversion.

Edited by fl3nd3r

I do not think so,
you can also try with cncnet.
Load the "Coldest Peak" map and test for yourself, infantry does not advance in rank.
First I try to understand better the question, then I think it is a matter of interest for the developers cause it's too big an advantage in the game.

Sure,
but the most interesting thing is that now whatever map I try, the infantry inside the BF are no longer trainable : -! ?
This would mean that there is a bug showing up randomly.
Sorry, maybe you don't care, it's just that I like to understand these things.

Hmm I’m sure when you first mentioned this problem I had a similar issue on one of my missions. Yet again it was the BF. I was so sure that units inside should gain veteran status the more they destroyed stuff. So was quite miffed when this didn’t appear to be happening. Mind you it was some time since I’d played the game and the memory cheats.

Is this your problem? Your saying they did become Elites when inside a BF and now they don’t?

Edited by Concolor1

5 hours ago, McPwny said:

le unità non hanno mai acquisito esperienza quando sparano da una fortezza da battaglia, l'esperienza è sempre andata direttamente alla fortezza da battaglia

I remembered so, but these days I saw it happen, for this reason I opened this post

Here is the mystery explained ..
If you put BFs in
Trainable = no
The infantry inside will become trainable.
I apologize to Concolor1 for wasting his time, but I too was fooled..
Evidently in that 3v3 match the BF was untrainable :((