Can we get the full soundtrack back into the YR gamemode?

aWarNoob1

Cutting the Ra2 soundtrack from the main-game was a big mistake. I understand trying to keep it true to the original, but just not in this case. Most players only play YR and will rarely have a chance to enjoy the rest of these great tunes. Having the full soundtrack with the main game was a welcomed feature that needs to be brought back. I'm sure many Cncnet players would agree.

+1 for

Hm2

and

Grinder

Frank Klepacki is Legend

Edited by KissMySedonaPass
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I once installed a patch to give YR the rest of the RA2 songs, however when EA or Cncnet was updated, the patch was removed. I'm pretty sad about this and it does suck not having those songs, but i can already see that this would likely mean i have to install the patch again every week or month every time an update occurs resulting in a cat and mouse game.

Now I just play my music in a media player outside of the game
I always did believe the ra2 soundtrack was superior and had more of an electro- grungy feel with nice breakdowns and tempos
YR's OST in comparison feels a bit more like a bloated horror film, however i would much rather appreciate both soundtracks in all their glory. 

Nothing the matter with the YR soundtrack. I just don't understand how in this case 'less is more'

Why would they remove the Ra2 tracks? Was there people complaining about the Ra2 tracks being in the YR game? No. Was having the Ra2 tracks in the YR gamemode causing performance issues? I doubt it. There was no reason why they should have removed them. I say bring them back.

well i could just be bias since i have heard them way too many times.

they didnt actually remove them but rather vanilla yr removed them. re-including them by editing the .ini that controls music would take about 5 minutes, though.

1 hour ago, McPwny said:

well i could just be bias since i have heard them way too many times.

they didnt actually remove them but rather vanilla yr removed them. re-including them by editing the .ini that controls music would take about 5 minutes, though.

Yeah, but thats a cheap fix. The point is for the entire community to enjoy these tracks. This would mean the Cncnet admins releasing a new client update making this change happen.

I know i've heard these tracks a million times, and yet I still like them. Also the replayability factor goes up when we're dealing with 25 total tracks as opposed to only the 9 tracks we currently have on YR.

1 hour ago, aWarNoob_sed0na said:

Nothing the matter with the YR soundtrack. I just don't understand how in this case 'less is more'

Why would they remove the Ra2 tracks? Was there people complaining about the Ra2 tracks being in the YR game? No. Was having the Ra2 tracks in the YR gamemode causing performance issues? I doubt it. There was no reason why they should have removed them. I say bring them back.

As I remember there was a client update-hotfix and tracks disappeared after that. Probably just they rolled back game files to some previous version where they weren't added yet. And still no1 give a shit about.

29 minutes ago, Ezer_2000 said:

As I remember there was a client update-hotfix and tracks disappeared after that. Probably just they rolled back game files to some previous version where they weren't added yet. And still no1 give a shit about.

No ones posted about it. That's different.

1 hour ago, Ezer_2000 said:

Not really, I saw few topics created since that happened in past few years :)

Yes, more people need to speak up about these things. So far the admins haven't even responded to the upsurge of loading/connection issues, which I think is a far more pressing problem. Hopefully they can drop a comment informing us that they're at least aware of these issues.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 months later...