What Mouse do Pro players use?

XMaDTanKX aka T-90

I'm a big fan of Hi-Fi. I've got a pair of Klipsch high efficiency speakers I use for my turntable setup. They're crispy clear sounding speakers and they're loud!! I have them paired with a low power tube amp.

Heres my general Hi-Fi setup: Project Essential ii turntable paired with Ortofon OM 20 cartridge. A Little Bear t11 tube preamp fitted with a Soviet 6C4P-EV NOS rectifier tube and some Tungsol 12ax7 tubes. A Reisong a10 single-end triode tube-amp fitted with some Tungsol EL34 tubes, some Russian 12ax7s, and a Tungsol 5AR4 for the rectifier.

The amps are made in china (Chi-Fi.) This is the lowest cost setup that will give you access to true high fidelity sound. This'll cost you no more than 1k but sound like a 5k+ setup.

I have first pressings of some of my favorite bands that absolutely blow me away. Its just scary how good it sounds.

Here's the thing. I also can bypass my TT and run the input through my computer. I'm playing YR through this setup constantly. Just. Amazing!

Edited by aWarNoob_sed0na
  • Like 1
  • Check 1

I've just noticed mine are Edifiers R1280T too ?

I'm not a big fan of Hi-Fi but I've always liked to have a good sound. 

These sound very good and clear, have powerful and deep bass sounds, not bad for the size of the woofer, and the treble sounds very good too.

Some how the most similar to studio monitors without spending that much.

Cheers!

• Check 1

On 7/16/2021 at 5:34 AM, XMaDTanKX aka T-90 said:

I've just noticed mine are Edifiers R1280T too ?

I'm not a big fan of Hi-Fi but I've always liked to have a good sound. 

These sound very good and clear, have powerful and deep bass sounds, not bad for the size of the woofer, and the treble sounds very good too.

Some how the most similar to studio monitors without spending that much.

Cheers!

Them speakers are nice, but I recommend taking it a step further bro. It's worth it!

Would a 10 pound steel mouse play much better than a light weight plastic mouse? I hear some gaming mouses are intentionally made heavier. Perhaps a heavier mouse can take more applied force while maintaining precision in terms of pointer sensitivity.

Also it'll survive those rage quits when you throw it across the room.

Might be better for someone developing carpel tunnel to be forced to use more upper arm strength as opposed to only wrist strength for mouse movements. Another benefit of using a heavier mouse. Of course, i'm just guessing, and these theories would have to be tested.

Edited by aWarNoob1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

First of all, congratulations :)
I wish that you don't need to replace it, but in case you do, you may wanna take a look at some Chinese mice.

It's been 6 months since I last visited the forums.

So, Back to the original question, this is the one I've been using for the past 3 years:

X9-Gaming-Mouse-RGB-Lighting-USB-Compute
You don't have to choose 1 color. It has LED light with a beautiful RGB mix.

Mine is worth about €4. There's wireless for €12 :D
EDA001957401A_2048x2048.jpg?v=1631016443

Just google iMice and see their monstrous collection.

I don't think I would ever pay more than $15 for a mouse. I would rather get a new one for $5 or $10 whenever I have an issue with it.
Man, €63 would get you 17 iMice! :D

Bottom line is: Chinese products are no less than American/European products, and remember that the whole world imports from China ;)
US & EU are among their biggest customers ?

Edited by Sam-I-am
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/5/2022 at 3:24 AM, Sam-I-am said:

I wish that you don't need to replace it, but in case you do, you may wanna take a look at some Chinese mice.

So, Back to the original question, this is the one I've been using for the past 3 years:

I don't think I would ever pay more than $15 for a mouse. I would rather get a new one for $5 or $10 whenever I have an issue with it.

Bottom line is: Chinese products are no less than American/European products, and remember that the whole world imports from China ;)

Bro if you were to teleport with that thing back to the 1960s, what would people think this device is even for?

• Like 1

On 1/5/2022 at 11:24 AM, Sam-I-am said:

Sup Sam, I know what ya mean, when I use the term 'Chinese' I'm not referring to every chinese product but those that are cheap/low quality and they have earned that reputation for something, you only have to look at some secondary car tires brands (for example)

But we all know that many top tire brands are made in China too but not for the Chinese but for brands that moved their factorys because it's cheaper to produce there.

In my case, I came from a cheap chinese mouse and when I've bought the Logitech I really felt a big difference, on precision, smoothness and other things, also it has its own rechargeable battery and you don't have to buy one (or two depending) everytime it dies costing money, and thats a BIG advantatge.

And no I can't stand a wired mouse anymore since I've tried wireles and on my desktop there's not much room.

Altough for that price I could take the risk ? 

Hey :)

I know exactly what you mean.

Most people think that Chinese products in general are cheap and bad. This is the misconception that I'm trying to correct here.
Perhaps that was the case 20-30 years ago, but let's face it,  China today is much different than it used to be, it is emerging on all levels, and competing with the whole world.

We can't deny that they invaded the world with their products. They're capable of manufacturing everything you could think of with the best quality and lowest prices possible. No other country can afford to do the same. It's part of their grand strategy to give manufacturers that are operating there all the support that they need to mass produce everything and export it to everywhere.

Of course I'm not saying Logitech and its peers are not good. They're just overpriced. You can get the same quality for less money.
I don't wanna get deeper into this, but pricing varies for many reasons. Vendors tend to overprice their
goods on purpose when they offer them on Amazon for example. You could find the exact same product on some "Chinese Amazon" for less, with the shipping cost included. Especially if you buy in bulk.
I could write a book on this.

many top tire brands are made in China too but not for the Chinese but for brands that moved their factorys because it's cheaper to produce there.

You said it! Reputable brands from all over the world are making in China, so just because it's "made in China" doesn't mean that it's bad.
I don't care who are the owners of those factories working in China, as long as I'm getting high quality "Made in China" products for great prices.

also it has its own rechargeable battery and you don't have to buy one

Are you kidding me? Wireless Chinese mice also come with built-in rechargeable batteries, and they're cheaper.

you don't have to buy one (or two depending) everytime it dies costing money, and thats a BIG advantatge

So, just assuming that the battery in the China mouse would die sooner, which is better do you think: Paying more for a mouse that would last longer, or paying less for many mice that would last shorter? I mean, if there's any advantage, you're paying for it, so I don't see how that is an advantage.
As I said before, I would rather have 10-15 iMice than to have 1 Logitech for the same price.
I would be glad to throw away my old Chinese mouse, and replace it with a brand new one every time it dies.

And no I can't stand a wired mouse anymore

You don't have to. As I showed you in my previous post, there are many cool wireless iMice, with the same specifications.
Who said the Chinese only make wired mice? If others can make it (anything), China can make it cheaper.

and on my desktop there's not much room.

You don't need any room for a wire! It goes along with the monitor wire. Anyway...

Altough for that price I could take the risk 

Absolutely. That's the point. So cheap it won't be hard to choose, just buy them all ?

7 hours ago, Sam-I-am said:

Are you kidding me? Wireless Chinese mice also come with built-in rechargeable batteries, and they're cheaper.

Well thats new for me, almost every cheap wireless mouse I've seen and tested came with normal LR6/AA batterys

7 hours ago, Sam-I-am said:

You don't need any room for a wire! It goes along with the monitor wire. Anyway...

You didn't understand or I have wrongly expressed myself sorry. To explain it in another way let's say I have a small desktop with big screen, big speakers, a tripod for my cam and other things, and the movement of my mouse is limitated because the cable hits the speaker when I move right and left, and this really upsets me especially when I'm playing and I unconsciounsly move the mouse closer to the speaker.

I'm about to buy one of those iMice to test it ? but I hope my Logitech lasts for many years if thats true ?

On this pic you can see what I mean

IMG_20210630_141558.jpg

Edited by XMaDTanKX aka T-90

Yeah, yeah, I see.

Well, I don't have this problem because my desk is similar to this:
437327-2.jpg

Yeah, in this case you're better off with a wireless mouse.

Lastly, I'll go back to my first comment and say:
It's not the mouse that matters! ?

I admit that my mouse double clicks sometimes, but I'm still winning, winning, winning; because I have the speed, the skills, the experience.

Just the other day, I played for about 10 hours straight (except for a few short breaks) and won most of the games.
I assure you that it wasn't because my mouse is any better than the mice of the other players.

Edited by Sam-I-am
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Sam-I-am said:

Lastly, I'll go back to my first comment and say:
It's not the mouse that matters! ?

No one says the opposite, but I'm still convinced that the mouse is a very important link between the player and the game, and that just one bad click can cost you a game vs an equal skilled player. I guess that we just think a bit different.

Greetings Mr Sam

Edited by XMaDTanKX aka T-90

On 2/8/2022 at 1:33 PM, XMaDTanKX aka T-90 said:

I'm still convinced that the mouse is a very important link between the player and the game

Of course it is, because you can't play the game without it! haha

that just one bad click can cost you a game

This is a RTS game, not a FPS. One bad click or wrong move won't cost you the game. It's not like a headshot and you're dead.

It's not about precision; it's about tactics, strategy, forward thinking.

I guess that we just think a bit different.

It's just that I'm talking RA2 and you're thinking CS:GO & CoD
Totally different game.

Good luck.

Edited by Sam-I-am