Jump to content

CnCNet Forums

Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
XMaDTanKX aka T-90

What Mouse do Pro players use?

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

It may seem a noob question, but I'm now using a Key/Mouse wireless gaming pack made in China and it works fantastic for the price I've paid, but the mouse somehow doesn't convince me. 

Starting with I feel it a bit heavy (110 gr), the performance is correct, but sometimes I've noticed a bit of jittering specially on clicking single units some times I cant success, or dragging the cursor to a sidebar button sometimes (not always) looks weird and unprecise. I don't know if due to the sensor or to a loss of signal, but anyway...

The question is:

Is it worth spending more than 100€ on an expensive mouse such as Logitech G-Pro to have a precise mouse or there are any more cheaper options?

What mouses do pro players use (specially in Ra2/YR)?

By pro I don't mean HOF or Top 10 but competitive players.

Let's have discussion 😆 

IMG_20210615_141824.jpg

IMG_20210615_141748.jpg

Edited by XMaDTanKX aka T-90

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I use a razer naga trinity - Good mouse, horrible software, would prefer to opt for logitech or corsair 
I would not recommend this mouse purely because of the painful software 

I'm not "pro" though

Edited by bbglas007
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, bbglas007 said:

I use a razer naga trinity - Good mouse, horrible software, would prefer to opt for logitech or corsair 
I would not recommend this mouse purely because of the painful software 

I'm not "pro" though

If one thing I know for sure is everytime I've had a problem with a mouse, Logitech saved my ass even with a 10€ mouse 🤣

Any support and/or opinions are welcome 😉

1 hour ago, Showtimera2 said:

Logitech 402

Thats a good one, not expensive, wired, maybe too many buttons...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A good player will be good with an average mouse, and a noob player will still be noob even with the best mouse in the world.
It's not the mouse that matters.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hi Sam, we all know that the most important part is the player, but that's not the point of this topic. You actually need a good connection between the player and the computer wich is done by peripherals, and you can play with a cheap screen, a cheap keyboard and even a cheap computer. Myself played with a 14 inches tube screen and a AMD 900mhz , 20 years ago.

But if I give you a 10$ mouse wich feels rough and randomly loses signal and/or sensor fails and does small strange things/moves, you will probably get nervous in the best of cases, and in the worst it may ruin you a whole game and you won't be able to do Top10 anymore.

Mouse is the MOST important part to connect the skill of a good player to a computer game, like the tires are to a Mitsubishi Lancer Evo V 😆

And that's why I wanted to know wich mouse would use anyone who can't allow himself to lose a game because of having bad peripherals.

A good mouse won't make you win more games, but a bad mouse may ruin a whole game, and will NEVER allow you to be the best player that you can be ;)

Thanks fot the answer and sorry for my extended post 🤦‍♂️

Edited by XMaDTanKX aka T-90
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Sam-I-am said:

A good player will be good with an average mouse, and a noob player will still be noob even with the best mouse in the world.
It's not the mouse that matters.

Same thing with musical instruments. Most pro guitar players know that if Eddie Van Halen were to pickup any random guitar he'd still sound like Eddie Van Halen. Yet the nobos were still paying thousands for replicas of his exact guitars just to try to sound like him. Ok, you might get closer to his guitar tone, but are you a multi-hit composer now? 

Skill comes first then the toy.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, XMaDTanKX aka T-90 said:

Hi Sam, we all know that the most important part is the player, but that's not the point of this topic. You actually need a good connection between the player and the computer wich is done by peripherals, and you can play with a cheap screen, a cheap keyboard and even a cheap computer. Myself played with a 14 inches tube screen and a AMD 900mhz , 20 years ago.

But if I give you a 10$ mouse wich feels rough and randomly loses signal and/or sensor fails and does small strange things/moves, you will probably get nervous in the best of cases, and in the worst it may ruin you a whole game and you won't be able to do Top10 anymore.

Mouse is the MOST important part to connect the skill of a good player to a computer game, like the tires are to a Mitsubishi Lancer Evo V 😆

And that's why I wanted to know wich mouse would use anyone who can't allow himself to lose a game because of having bad peripherals.

A good mouse won't make you win more games, but a bad mouse may ruin a whole game, and will NEVER allow you to be the best player that you can be ;)

Thanks fot the answer and sorry for my extended post 🤦‍♂️

Sorry OP, I do understand where you're coming from with this. I just wanted to extend a bit on what Sam-I-am commented about. With that said, I'm no pro, so I wont say which exact mouse I use. Only that it's a generic Logitech I bought at wal-mart for around 15 dollars. Gets the job done. No issues. I've dealt with shitty mouses before, and it's the worst for proper game-play. 

Edited by aWarNoob_sed0na
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Ye thats the point buddy, I've got some shitty mouses too and it's too pissing to lose a game because of missclicking a target due in turn to a non reliable mouse, but from what I've read I guess any medium price Logitech or even another brand gaming mouse not too cheap would do the job.

20 years ago all this fashion about gaming and RGB 2.4G stuff did not exist and I know for sure many Top players became pro's using cheap wired office mouses lol

Playing Ra2 at a high level is like playing an instrument, it comes calm and natural 🤣

Cheers mate

Edited by XMaDTanKX aka T-90
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hi, mate 🙂
I agree with you.

Quote

a bad mouse may ruin a whole game

Right, and that's why I didn't say bad but average ;)

Quote

I'm now using a Key/Mouse wireless gaming pack made in China and it works fantastic for the price I've paid

Is it worth spending more than 100€ on an expensive mouse such as Logitech G-Pro to have a precise mouse or there are any more cheaper options?

Wireless/more expensive/non-Chinese are not necessarily better; these are all misconceptions (BTW, I think wired is better for gaming).
We all know that the Chinese are selling exact copies of American products for cheaper prices.
Chinese will always be cheaper than the brands, even if they're just as good.

I know you're not gonna like this answer, but there is no specific mouse that pros use. I assume that each one of the top players uses a different make or model, yet they're all good.

Quote

Thanks fot the answer and sorry for my extended post 🤦‍♂️

You're welcome :smile:
Np. I like detailed answers :D

Edited by Sam-I-am
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

 

11 hours ago, Sam-I-am said:

I know you're not gonna like this answer, but there is no specific mouse that pros use. I assume that each one of the top players uses a different make or model, yet they're all good.

 

No man, I actually like because that means I don't have to spend 100 or 150 on a High Quality product that probably woulnd't do any difference.

I only was curious because lask week I was watching a video about what mouse were using the World Top 25 Fortnite players, and in the Top 10 I only saw expensive mouses from 100 onwards, except one guy who was ranked 6 or 7 using a generic gaming 30€ mouse lol.

11 hours ago, Sam-I-am said:

Wireless/more expensive/non-Chinese are not necessarily better; these are all misconceptions (BTW, I think wired is better for gaming).
We all know that the Chinese are selling exact copies of American products for cheaper prices.
Chinese will always be cheaper than the brands, even if they're just as good.

I think the one I've bought and is posted upthere is chinese for real, like it came into a brown paperboard box only with chinese letters and not a single latin english or spanish character 😂

BTW wired may be better for gaming, but the feeling of not being attached to a cable that may touch the table or hook to anything, is priceless. Nowadays there are no noticeable latencys and the batterys are rechargeable, last hundreds of hours, and if the battery is low just connect the cable.

Cheers!!

Edited by XMaDTanKX aka T-90

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, XMaDTanKX aka T-90 said:

 

No man, I actually like because that means I don't have to spend 100 or 150 on a High Quality product that probably woulnd't do any difference.

I only was curious because lask week I was watching a video about what mouse were using the World Top 25 Fortnite players, and in the Top 10 I only saw expensive mouses from 100 onwards, except one guy who was ranked 6 or 7 using a generic gaming 30€ mouse lol.

I think the one I've bought and is posted upthere is chinese for real, like it came into a brown paperboard box only with chinese letters and not a single latin english or spanish character 😂

BTW wired may be better for gaming, but the feeling of not being attached to a cable that may touch the table or hook to anything, is priceless. Nowadays there are no noticeable latencys and the batterys are rechargeable, last hundreds of hours, and if the battery is low just connect the cable.

Cheers!!

Did it have a plastic/petrochemical smell to it? That's my only gripe when ordering things from China. They have low regulations on the materials they use. I have a chi-fi tube amplifier I bought a year ago that still has a faint chemical smell to it when I turn it on. When I first unboxed it, I'd almost fainted it was so bad. I had to air out my room that had now been turned into a Chernobyl #2.

They're called Volatile Organic Compounds, or VOCs. Most Chinese products I buy have this distinctive smell to them, unfortunately.

Edited by aWarNoob_sed0na
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, XMaDTanKX aka T-90 said:

in the Top 10 I only saw expensive mouses from 100 onwards, except one guy who was ranked 6 or 7 using a generic gaming 30€ mouse lol.

But that doesn't mean that they're the top 10 because they're using more expensive mice. Case in point is the guy who's ranked 6/7 that you mentioned; which proves that you can be in the top 10 with a generic mouse 😉

Quote

the feeling of not being attached to a cable that may touch the table or hook to anything, is priceless

Absolutely. I'd prefer wireless for anything else, but wired is more reliable for gaming in my view.

Quote

Nowadays there are no noticeable latencys and the batterys are rechargeable, last hundreds of hours, and if the battery is low just connect the cable.

That's all fantastic on paper, but you mentioned jittering, which could be due to signal/battery issue.

Quote

dragging the cursor to a sidebar button sometimes (not always) looks weird and unprecise

Try adjusting DPI for a smoother movement/more accuracy.
Click the "+/-" buttons on your mouse once at a time and test it.

Good luck :smile:

Edited by Sam-I-am
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Sam-I-am said:

That's all fantastic on paper, but you mentioned jittering, which could be due to signal/battery issue.



 

Could be... but I believe it's more related to a not very good sensor or some dirty on the mouse mat.

22 hours ago, aWarNoob_sed0na said:

Did it have a plastic/petrochemical smell to it?

 

I haven't notice any weird smell 😆

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, aWarNoob_sed0na said:

Old School!

03a0dc6cc058b8e79a087abb3539cc3d.jpg

 

 

 

 

 

 

For gods shake!! A classical of the time specific Red Alert mouse!! Even with it's serial port conection!

I wonder how many DPI's it must have... xD but I believe it should be equivalent to a generic office mouse ball.

Never ever knew that even existed...

Later I'm goin to show you which one I've bought and why ;)

Edited by XMaDTanKX aka T-90

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, XMaDTanKX aka T-90 said:

For gods shake!! A classical of the time specific Red Alert mouse!! Even with it's serial port conection!

I wonder how many DPI's it must have... xD but I believe it should be equivalent to a generic office mouse ball.

Never ever knew that even existed...

Later I'm goin to show you which one I've bought and why ;)

I wouldn't even open this one. I'd already know the mouse ball would make the gameplay garbage. Best to keep it sealed as a collectors item. Download a free version of RA online and done.

Edited by aWarNoob_sed0na
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/26/2021 at 3:42 AM, XMaDTanKX aka T-90 said:

Logitech G502?

I've read this model has some doble click issues, I hope it's not your case.

Electronic products do not have a 100% yield, Logitech g502se is a very good mouse, very good touch button! Double click is just an individual phenomenon, you can directly after-sale, or replace the microswitch yourself ez  ,don't follow suit。

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Ok guys, finally I've spent 63€ on a Logitech G703 Lightspeed and by now, I don't feel I wasted a single euro.

Pros:

- It can work both ways, you plug the cable and is a wired mouse, you unplug it and is a wireless mouse.

- It has a cable and a USB-C adapter so you can keep the signal receiver near to your mouse minimizing so loss of signal (if you have a on desktop USB Ports Hub you can put it there too)

-It has a very good optic sensor (Hero) that comes from the known Pixart PWM sensors.

- Brand is good and reliable.

- Rechargeable internal battery (not common batterys)

- Very good price for what it offers

- Easy and simple design with very good quality (including RGB light)

Cons:

- I'll tell you soon...

Since I'm playing Ra2 with this mouse I have the absolute feeling that I do everything faster (always within my skills) even adjusting the cursor speed faster than I had it with the chinese mouse. It feels very smooth, fine and accurate.

Does this means the chinese mouse is scum and unplayable? Absolutly not, just you can't expect to reach your maximum level of playing while you use it but it's very good If you don't mind these things or you play only for fun.

As for the G703 Lightspeed, I recommend it 100%. It's a value for sure.

Greetings commanders.

IMG_20210630_141307.jpg

IMG_20210630_141517.jpg

IMG_20210630_141558.jpg

IMG_20210630_150548.jpg

IMG_20210703_214942.jpg

Edited by XMaDTanKX aka T-90

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...