Yuri's Revenge crash on loading game

Gaba_

Hi peepl'!

Thank God we have CNC net to play online.

But sometimes I like to have a good and relaxing skirmish against AI. The problem occurs when I try to load a previous saved game. The game sends me this message. Have some of you figured out how to solve it?

RA2 crash.png

• Upvote 1

thats the generic crash message that pops up whenever something goes wrong. if it only does that when loading a specific save, or saves before a certain time, then it means that the saves are corrupted probably because the base game files have been changed or updated in some way. if it happens all of the time with even new saves, it means there is something wrong with your client.

On 8/3/2021 at 5:06 AM, McPwny said:

huh that is strange. i wonder if anyone else is having the same problem? i would test it myself, but my client is all messed up atm for modding reasons

What do you wonder? This is well known problem for years. You shouldn't save game when it runned in CnCNet client. Run your game itself if you want to play a skirmish. Also fuck all of the fools who going online for playing a single player match vs AI and wasting IRC protocol bandwith.

• 1 year later...

Red Alert 2 & Yuri's Revenge:

1. Install the CnCNet client 
  2. This will look for your existing game directory.
  3. Once installed run CnCNetYRLauncher.exe or the shortcut supplied.
  4. Click "Options"
  5. Select "Display" and under the render options, select a new renderer. Commonly, "Automatic", "CNC-DRRAW" or "TS-DDRAW" works best.
  6. Click Save, and launch Skirmish. 
  7. Play a game with the AI. If the gameplay is fast then this renderer will likely be the best for you.
  8. If it hasn't worked, repeat from step 5 until you find a renderer that works best with your system.

Failing the above, ensure your video drivers are up-to-date. You are running a suitable resolution the game can handle.

render.png

client.png