Cant select carryall + other units to lift? why did it update CNCNET?

hondata

This change just started this week..

When you try to select a carryall and a mk2/disr both with the mouse, you can no longer lift the disr or mk2 when clicking on the unit in one sweep motion with mouse.  Same with an apc. when you deploy the infantry, you can't select the infantry units without major hesitation causing them to die. 

Can this change be reverted back to how it was before last week? @admin@CnCNet

1 hour ago, FunkyFr3sh said:

Can you record a video of it?

here you go:

You can hear the carryall respond likes he's ready for a command, but when I tell him to lift the disr, he wont lift it. (its been working fine for  a while now). This issue just started last week. 

Edited by hondata
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Humble said:

I never did it before but just noticed in one of troopers uploads that it used to be possible.  Cam also used to do it, and unlike some others Cam is reliable and honest.

Video goes to corresponding time stamp.

Unfortunately I must agree with Weaponx this time.   We could never select both carry and dizz and pick him up.

Trooper selected 2 carries but not the dizz.  He than clicked on the dizz and one carry came to pick him up and before the carry landed on the dizz he click on the dizz ... this made it appear as if he selected both...  but any case.  Not possible at any time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ender_TS said:

Unfortunately I must agree with Weaponx this time.   We could never select both carry and dizz and pick him up.

Trooper selected 2 carries but not the dizz.  He than clicked on the dizz and one carry came to pick him up and before the carry landed on the dizz he click on the dizz ... this made it appear as if he selected both...  but any case.  Not possible at any time.

Oh ur right.  When he hover mouse over dis it looked like it was selected.

Well I dunno cause I never did it in the past.  Guess funky or someone would have to tell us if there have been any updates recently.

I vote we drop this matter until honda installs XWIS from CD and uploads a video haha

39 minutes ago, FunkyFr3sh said:

just reverted it

thank you funkyfresh. you da man!

I believe I speak for many TS players, in the future when there is an update that will effect the game like this, can you make an announcement? If there are in-game unit adjustment it makes it seem like CNC  is trying to hide something behind the scenes. Keep us TS community in the loop :)

5 hours ago, FunkyFr3sh said:

Well, this update wasn't supposed to change anything in existing maps, it was only adding some new features for custom maps that you can enable manually (Holland requested it)

@FunkyFr3sh I just want to mention, the update was reverted and it was back like before for about an hour or so, but then when i logged off and came back, another update occurred and now the ring shape when u click on the disr to lift does not occur. So its not exactly how it was before. Do you need a video of what i mean?

13 hours ago, FunkyFr3sh said:

There were 2 patches added, one was causing the bug and was reverted, the other one was not reverted. If there is still a issue then please record another video yeah

@FunkyFr3sh below is the video. Note at video 0:08 you can see where the carryall doesnt create a ring around the unit to pick up anymore. (while having both units selected) a couple weeks ago (and before that) it did create a ring when both were selected and  unit was hovered over with the mouse to indicate it was going to pick it up.

• Upvote 1