New Campaign : Yuri Resurgence (Yuri 12 Missions, Yuri's Revenge)

Concolor1

• 3 weeks later...

Not heard of this, as a common problem, but have encountered it with the game in general. I simply put it down to something in the game itself. In my case I had to start again, then when I saved it and restarted it worked fine. hopefully a one off glitch, and it would be beyond my knowledge to fix the Westwood coding anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

I could not complete the mission 8. As I bring the professor to the escape point, there’s no notice saying that the second objective is completed. And after I wipe out the entire map, there’s no victory as well…

played on normal difficulty.

Yeah it seems buggy for the odd player,(I think your the sixth, so out of 1500+ that's not too bad), for most its a walk in the park, yet the odd one or two encounter this and were clueless as to why. Is it Disc or Origin version your playing?

Its suggested that you leave a couple of silos and make them the last thing you destroy, after Einstein hits his evac point. (That worked for someone). Another thing is ensuring mind control of Einstein isn't lost, although Ive tried this and had no trouble.

One guy played it from start to finish without saving, - and that worked for him.

If I can find the problem I will correct it, even if it's just for those few players.

It seems there is no rhyme or reason for it. The triggers appear to be fine. It's never hit that error with either me or the play testers. As you can see from the numerous videos on youtube players are completing it.

Edited by Concolor1

Thanks for the quick reply concolor1

if you need, I can provide more details in order to address this weird bug as I have played thru 2 times but both cannot be completed.

I was running Origin version, no disk.

1st run: captured south base, established defenses, destroyed  5 silos, wiped out entire Soviet forces, secure Einstein, eliminated ally forces, mind control Einstein and move him to escape point, no objective complete notice, then destroyed all silos, mission still not completed.

2nd run: captured south base, didn’t destroy any silo, destroyed north con yard, war factory and barracks, secure Einstein, eliminated ally forces, mind control Einstein and bring him to the escape point, still didn’t get the objective completed notice, didn’t continue from that point.

additional notice, during both runs, some of the saved game cannot be loaded especially the saves before secure Einstein.

hopefully those info can help or I can do more runs with different combinations.

• Thanks 1

The game save seems the most likely culprit. As the win is based on variables, its possible, look at crates as an example. If you pre-place them, or if you discover them, even in the official version, saving the game causes them to vanish on reloading. Im glad that you persisted, it does seem to be one annoying bug for a few ppl. Myself I saved/reloaded ect no problems, I certainly used super weapons. You get my respect for sticking with it.

Hi Elbek, looks like youv'e been digging around at RADEN. Yeah I think LION closed and archived the site when Generals and RA3 came out. Little did we know back then that RA2 would outlast them both. Now many of those old missions are already here in this forum, or available on Discord at the War Factory. That should take care of all the released missions to date.

https://discord.com/channels/800660076792250379/800672286259544075

http://www.yrargentina.com/old/index.php?page=maps/yrsp2

Edited by Concolor1

On 4/20/2022 at 4:48 AM, dukesmike said:

I could not complete the mission 8. As I bring the professor to the escape point, there’s no notice saying that the second objective is completed. And after I wipe out the entire map, there’s no victory as well…

played on normal difficulty.

I'm having the same problem. I'm tired of replaying the mission. Do you have a saved game of mission 9 so I can continue?

I can’t fix a bug that is hard coded. The bug isn’t with my campaign. All I can think of if pulling one of the files out of the mix and dropping it directly into your RA2 folder so it reads it first. I suppose it’s just possible the issue is with the normal difficulty mode, I play them all on hard myself to ensure they’re possible.

I could Mod those final levels for you so they play individually, it means you could play them in any order all you would miss out on would be the end game stats and message.

Edited by Concolor1

• 1 month later...

Alias202, that would be a westwood bug, thats known about, bit like the crates vanishing after a game save and reload. Rule of thumb, don't abort mid build on a critical unit. If you pull the plug your killing him. Your on about Mission 7, Home Invasion.

On 6/6/2022 at 7:08 AM, Gamergirl said:

My slave miner got stuck in the fence for some reason lol the other got stuck in the fence too ? took atleast one more till to decided to recognize it's role ??

Never seen that before, I have seen hovercraft stuck on sandbags and Gis stuck on walls. Yet again a Westwood bug, nothing to do with my scripting.

• 2 weeks later...

I am so happy I found Yuris Revenge, thank you for all the time and effort you put in making them for us. Just one question, above you list 33 missions, but the link to Wayback only contains 19. Am I being an idiot? Thanks