New Campaign : Yuri Resurgence (Yuri 12 Missions, Yuri's Revenge)

Concolor1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Excellent to finally see a Yuri campaign. I would not have time at this point to make one myself as I'm rebuilding my old mod, but it's definitely something I wanted to see from other modders. Looking forward to play through it.

• Like 1

Hey Guys.

I tried to play this mod, but something didn't play out for me. It's should be a copy - paste, but when I do it, and start the game the standard soviet missions come up.

Anyone has any advice? What did I do wrong?

I have the game on Origin.

Thanks, for the help!

Yeah it’s because you have Origin that your encountering a problem.

Now I run mine on both Origin and Disc. Works on both.

Now with Origin I recall downloading Bibbers launcher patch. 
I also disabled Origin before launching the game.

Now I’m pretty sure that’s all I did. However I could be wrong. 

I have heard that some ppl make a separate RA2 folder on the desktop and run it from there. I think certain game launch files need to be in that folder.

Im hoping this is some use to you.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you. The missions are creative and would somewhat be in the line of RA2 story.

However, I have come across an issue with the last mission (Moon). I play on Hard difficulty. I have killed everything but the mission won't end. I make sure to destroy everything including enemy's oil derricks, Soviet Flags and concrete pipes but not the walls. I also killed everything I have mind-controlled.

If it would help, I destroy Blue (left), Red (top left), Orange (top right) and Black (right) in order. Also, when I destroyed all the Orange, there were no cheering sound.

That would seem to indicate that all of Orange had not been destroyed then, as there wasn't a cheer. There must be something hiding on the map somewhere. If you have the save of the game at that stage Id look at it for you. Its a simple win trigger as each of the four houses are destroyed a variable is fired. All four variables equal the mission ending. 

I can only guess that maybe there could be a spot on the map still shrouded and perhaps there could be a building or unit beneath that.

Edited by Concolor1

Sadly, I have been everywhere and explored the entire area as the map is not that big. I tried to have Gatling tanks and Floating disks go near the borders to see if there might be any strayed units out-of-bound. No luck, I guess I will try to play again.

EDIT: I tried the second PT, I destroyed the black base first, now with cheer. I destroyed all blue base, but no cheer. So I attempted to reload before I razed the blue base but all those saves became bugged and crashed the game like Mission 8 half way through. This time I did not build super powers just like that mission but to no avail.

EDIT2: I then reloaded my first PT saves (not bugged) and tried to destroy every wall but there were two wall sections (orange) that cannot be destroyed (out of bound but visible).

Oh well... since it is the end so I guess I will leave it as that. Regardless, superb campaigns, we all want sensible Yuri's side of the story and now we've got it. Thank you, again. Peace.

Edited by quadrioters
Tried a couple more times and fixed grammar.

I’ll take a look at this. The destroying the walls aren’t necessary to defeat a house.

what platform are you using? Origin or discs?

Its actually the first time this has cropped up, so your 1 in over 3,000. - it’s very strange.

Im planning on fixing mission 8 and 11 in a download so if I can identify this bug it would be handy to fix too.

Origin.

Also if I may, I would like to give some feedbacks.

- Mission 7 (Home Invasion), Not bugged but it took me additional 30 minutes to find the last person, the guy wears black and green and blended into some scenery greens near the north before Arnold, Harry and Stallone's estates on the hill. Not sure what else you can do about it because it not a bug. It's also a fun mission regardless.

- Mission 8 (Tesla Trouble), yeah... save crash bug after taking the far right base as mentioned in the forum.

- Mission 9 (Contamination), not bugged but it can be easily finished if one Psychic-Dominates Apocalypses Tanks roaming near the Nuclear Reactors. Actually, I'm not complaining about that. I think I like this mission the most, because it's Pripyat.

- Mission 10 (Woodpecker), capturing 4 Radar Stations before capturing all Power Stations will fail the mission. I'm sure the triggers think that the Power Stations were lost during the next defending phase. This is not that severe if someone would save before capturing them.

- Mission 11 (Reset) and some missions against the Allied, not a bug but Mirage Tanks and submerged Dolphins can be annoyed to find when the mission goal is "kill everything".

Otherwise, chef kissed.

Best.

I can’t get it perfect for everyone as there seems to be some difference between the Origin and the Disc install of the game. Those save crashes are annoying Ive encountered one myself even with the vanilla campaign, however it’s something unconnected with the editor, so I’m unable to solve that.

It does seem that the Origin version is lacking compared to the disc install. 

The other things I’m looking at.

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Concolor1 said:

Weird you’ve tried running as admin I’m guessing. 
what OS are you running?

and if you remove the zip contents from your RA2 folder it all launches again ok?

im sure the cause.. It worked the last time i ran it. Since then, iv added some of those custom maps in the other thread into my maps folder, and iv put this in the directory. And now YR gets that error. Ra2 works fine tho. (The first decade).

Running as admin still gets the same error.

Running win10 on this laptop.

I just removed the folder from the directory and im still getting the error it would seem.

The message says 'game exicutables' tho. I havnt messed with anything like that that im aware of. Only adding a few maps, and the campaign form this thread. So im not even sure to what file its referring to.

edit: Just went through a few of the games on the first decade. Ra 1 and 2 work fine. YR had the error i showed. And generals 'has tech difficulties' when i tried to load it up... so i dont know what the hell happened. Its a fresh install before adding these maps. And iv used it on many other comps of mine over the years..

Edited by wolfgang953

Ok yeah windows 10 is notorious. I’ve got a windows 10 Os on a laptop myself. I had to buy the Origin version as my windows 10 refused to load the discs. 
Even with vista I had to disable something. So the disc drive would run them.

I used bibbers launcher on my windows 10 system. I wonder if that might help you as suggested in the threads above.

36 minutes ago, Concolor1 said:

Ok yeah windows 10 is notorious. I’ve got a windows 10 Os on a laptop myself. I had to buy the Origin version as my windows 10 refused to load the discs. 
Even with vista I had to disable something. So the disc drive would run them.

I used bibbers launcher on my windows 10 system. I wonder if that might help you as suggested in the threads above.

Not sure what the origin version is. But i have the origional ra2 disk, a set of ra2 disk fomr a multi game package, and then the first decade compilation... i ended up with a ton of copies some how lol Im not looking to buy another. If i were, id get one of the games that came out after the first decade (generals zero hour). I still havnt been able to play them yet.

would this bibbers launch patch thing work for the first decade?

It’s just a patch I used it on windows 10 and it seemed to sort it.

Another option was making a separate folder on your desktop and launching it from there. I did that and after installing Rise of the East everything seemed to work fine.

Thats the trouble with old games. Comparability.

1 hour ago, Concolor1 said:

It’s just a patch I used it on windows 10 and it seemed to sort it.

Another option was making a separate folder on your desktop and launching it from there. I did that and after installing Rise of the East everything seemed to work fine.

Thats the trouble with old games. Comparability.

i dl'ed it and unzipped it to the cnc folder. But when i ran it it wouldnt start. Said it doesnt detect 'ultimate collection' .. which is true, cause i have the last decade, not the ultimate collection.

i copied the cnc folder and pasted it to the desktop. Which seems like an idiotic suggestion... and it works lol  - Im sure theres some techy reason as to why.. but to someone not rly in all that.. it seems crazy' - But hey, YR is loading up form the desktop, so ill take it!

So back to the start.. how do i get this yuri campaign working? I had dl'ed the files and unzipped them to

Desktop\Games\Command & Conquer Red Alert(tm) II\RA2    (now that its on the desktop)

It put a folder 'Yuri Resurgence Campaign' in there. That folder contains two folders inside it. 'Yuri Resurgence PT1' and 'Yuri Resurgence PT2'. And the pic is the files inside those two folders.

293138790_yrcampaignfolderpic_01.thumb.jpg.e19689d032fb1d160e0a87b4d73ed024.jpg

So first off is it in the right location? And if so, how do i play these missions? It says 'Launch the game,select new campaign for Yuri.' but i dont see any option for selecting yuri in new campaign. Only the normal allies or soviet.

Right for starters you only need what’s in the folder called part1.

Now the contents are dropped into your RA2 folder. Not sure in your case if it’s the desktop or the C drive. So it’s either of the two. 
Now if it works you will notice straight away the New Campaign is there because the Soviet ‘New Campaign’ icon is replaced by Yuri’s icon.

Then you select that and providing you placed the contents of Part1 into your RA2 folder it should work.

so that gives you the first six missions. Once you’ve played them you remove the files you placed into your RA2 folder. Then you open the Part2 folder and place those files in the RA2 folder and relaunch the game, that should give you missions 7 -13.

Its an archaic way of doing it but that’s because YR only had 7 missions for each side. So I’m order to get the 13 I had to split it into two parts. As it doesn’t use Ares. It’s plain Vanilla.

Ps the text file is just for your reading and doesn’t need to go in the RA2 folder.

3 hours ago, Concolor1 said:

Now the contents are dropped into your RA2 folder. Not sure in your case if it’s the desktop or the C drive. So it’s either of the two. 

My original dl was at

C:\Games\Command & Conquer Red Alert(tm) II\RA2

But i copied it over to the desktop to get it running, at;

C:\Users\wolfg\Desktop\Games\Command & Conquer Red Alert(tm) II\RA2

3 hours ago, Concolor1 said:

Now if it works you will notice straight away the New Campaign is there because the Soviet ‘New Campaign’ icon is replaced by Yuri’s icon.

As i was typing up how this did not work and it still only showed the normal soviet campaign icon and missions... it finally occurred to me to try copying the files in the Yuri Resurgence PT1 folder (inside the ra2 folder) and pasting them out in the ra2 folder itself. Instead of having them in the folder that was in the ra2 folder.

(C:\Users\wolfg\Desktop\Games\Command & Conquer Red Alert(tm) II\RA2\Yuri Resurgence Campaign\Yuri Resurgence PT1) That was how it winziped into the folder. So i copied them and put the files right into the \ra2 folder.

And now it seems to work. I was able to load up the first mission. Im looking forward to playing them. But at almost 4am.. i should probably go to sleep for now..

One of my favorite memories was of ra1 as a kid. The final mission of the allies. You start off only seeing little little bit of terrain... Man.. that feeling when the gps satellite went off and i saw the whole map for the first time.. and all that red on there (for soviet enemies) ... i was in shock. All wide eyed. But it was exciting. Since then, for both ra1 and ra2, i always thought it would be so cool to have a second campaign for each side.  Where the first one (the ones we have now) that start at low tech level getting up to the big time by then end... and then a second campaign, or second half of the missions, that would start at that big time tech that we end at and jsut get bigger and a harder. I think that would have been awesome and exciting.

So im curious to see where these yuri missions go :D

Might not seem that big and bad now a days.. but back then, and at that age... it was the mother of all missions lol

ezgif-5-05f289f7f6.jpg.f43c592325af2604a69ffbf76a866201.jpg