tips and tricks for a new guy ?

Fereal

Hello so i am new to this game and i have a eye on tiberian sun ans red alert the classic one Can you give me some tips i wanna the multiplayer but i gonna get my ass kicked fast... and by the way the story and the cutscenes are amazing

• Like 2

Play, play, play!!!!

Watch YouTube videos of games!

build barracks before ref.. build order will help you a lot

and.. online.. some people will be nice and some who will be abusive, find those players you enjoy playing with.

if you right click on a players name. you can ignore them...  :)

type  >>   !help   <<in the main lobby chat for available commands

All of us were new once too.  

Welcome!

Edited by amokk
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/25/2022 at 12:10 PM, Fereal said:

Hello so i am new to this game and i have a eye on tiberian sun ans red alert the classic one Can you give me some tips i wanna the multiplayer but i gonna get my ass kicked fast... and by the way the story and the cutscenes are amazing

Checkout guide by Mole40k. Its pretty good

• Check 1

Thanks for the plug :) 

Can you believe that I wrote v1 in 2007?! As you can see from the link, even v4 is almost 10 years old haha. 

Top things to look at:

• Know which units are 'worth it' and 'not worth it'. There are quite a few units in the game that are in no way cost effective and your allies will hate you if you build them and use them incorrectly. 
  • You also need to pay attention to scouting and money management. Both incredibly important if you want to improve as a player.
  • Finally, please do look at my example 'bad bases'. I staged these deliberately to include examples of what pro players hate to see in 'newbie' bases. Things such as not responding to attacks, building refs in the wrong places, wasting money on useless units etc. 

Have fun :D

• Thanks 1
  • Check 1

In the game red alert 1 there is 2 main skills you need too master

skill 1 master tanking and scouting 

First one is tanking it takes a lot of practice and super fast reflexes but too get good at the game red alert 1 you need too learn this

with soldiers you need too learn too scout the full map in as short of a time as possible and prevent any soldiers getting into your base use line wall of soldiers   

you need too learn how too use q and q move your tanks and tanks are for both attack and defense 

you need too learn how too defended with your tanks and q block and tank rush with tanks and attack base and use q and keep tanks moving fast and take out key targets kill all there power and ore ref or kill the mcv 

at the highest level of play players q move and tank fight using q and the player with the better q almost always wins 

watch the gold medal challenge too see what truly good tanking looks like 

skill 2 base building and Tesla walking 

base building often done later in game second half at some point you need too start making extra mcvs and then just build teslas and the building path gos into the ore refs of the other sides ore and v2 are used in order too defend your base from tesla and keep your own ore safe

allies are better at tanking 

soviets are better at base building  

both soviets and allies can do both and you want too learn too do both roles as both allies and soviets 

• 3 months later...