Yuri's Revenge: Allied Retribution Campaign

DrDanthrax99

https://www.mediafire.com/file/rs2w1v25j6349js/Allied_Retribution_Campaign.zip/file
https://www.moddb.com/games/cc-red-alert-yuris-revenge/addons/allied-retribution-campaign

Hello! Long time lurker, first time poster here. I was inspired by the "Yuri Resurgence Campaign" by Concolor1 (which is fantastic btw you should play it) and thought of an idea where after the Allies take out Yuri on Antarctica, the Soviets with the hindsight gained from time travel turn on them and try to take over the United States (again.) And thus, the Retribution Campaign was born.

Presenting: A complete 7 mission campaign for the Allies in Yuri's Revenge which takes place in the wake of the Psychic Dominator Disaster, with the Soviets again turning on the Allies after signing the treaty to defeat Yuri.

You will be taken to locations all over the world and beyond in your quest to stop the Soviets from taking over the United States. Deja vu eh?

There is only one difficulty setting, "Normal" with each mission getting progressively more difficult, including custom AI opponents (okay it uses the skirmish build pattern in one mission, but the others are 100% built from scratch) and other tricks along the way. Renders of all 7 maps are included in the download.

I will probably make a Soviet campaign in the same timeline at some point as well.

FEATURES:

• 7 detailed missions for the Allies with a variety of mission types, including offensive base building, commando levels, defense, timed objectives, and more, sometimes more than one in the same mission!

• Custom AI, not incredibly difficult but more of a challenge than the out of the box skirmish AI the game comes with.

• Diverse array of theaters from temperate, urban, snow, and a surprise.

• Finale with access to all Allied special units and abilities (Snipers, Black Eagles, Grand Cannons, Tank Destroyers, American Paradrop, and Superweapons)

CREDITS:

Scripting on all missions - DrDanthrax99

Most maps were generated using the Random Map Generator ingame, captured with ARES, and then ported to Final Alert for editing/scripting.

The exceptions are Missions 1 and 6, which were mapped from scratch, and Mission 4, which is a wholesale extraction of the Westwood map "DC Uprising" which was modified to suit the mission.

Feedback is welcome and appreciated!

preview.png

Edited by DrDanthrax99
added ModDB link to campaign
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

i just played this campaign. it was fun but i found some small problems scattered throughout the maps. for example, on mission one the enemy naval team of several subs and sea scorpions will randomly freak out and run back and forth across the shore. this is probably because your taskforce includes the scorpions and the subs in that order, causing the team to use the scorpions targeting. it targets something out of range inland and the units bug out hard trying to get to it. mission 3 was cool but it seemed odd to have to use one of your commando units to C4 a nuke reactor, and in vanilla the game would typically give the player heads up about tesla coils instead of them zapping your critical units from under the shroud. mission 4 i liked but upon doing the mission with no base, destroying the psychic beacon actually caused the start of a psychic beacon countdown which was strange. mission 5 i noticed that two amphibious transports had double units in them, and the other half were empty; probably because loaded teamtypes with transports always load all non transport units onto a single transport. the AI in general could be enhanced by switching from simple triggers with trigger action 4 over to the dedicated AI trigger system. the maps and csf files themselves can also be put into a .mix file for a more compact installation.

fun maps. id recommend anyone to give them a play

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, TerrorWGD said:

Here is the first video of the gameplay, i hope you enjoy it. :D

I even played it on Hard difficulty but still was easy the mission, however when ever you do a blind play through you will always not know what is about to happen ?

Looks good! Capping the brown base is definitely the long way to go about it I'd say XD

When I was doing my final playthroughs before release my main tactic for beating this mission was just GIs/GGIs and Grizzlys landing on the beach near the hotel (which I would destroy with my Destroyers for a clearer landing zone, collateral damage be damned LOL)

4 hours ago, McPwny said:

i just played this campaign. it was fun but i found some small problems scattered throughout the maps. for example, on mission one the enemy naval team of several subs and sea scorpions will randomly freak out and run back and forth across the shore. this is probably because your taskforce includes the scorpions and the subs in that order, causing the team to use the scorpions targeting. it targets something out of range inland and the units bug out hard trying to get to it. mission 3 was cool but it seemed odd to have to use one of your commando units to C4 a nuke reactor, and in vanilla the game would typically give the player heads up about tesla coils instead of them zapping your critical units from under the shroud. mission 4 i liked but upon doing the mission with no base, destroying the psychic beacon actually caused the start of a psychic beacon countdown which was strange. mission 5 i noticed that two amphibious transports had double units in them, and the other half were empty; probably because loaded teamtypes with transports always load all non transport units onto a single transport. the AI in general could be enhanced by switching from simple triggers with trigger action 4 over to the dedicated AI trigger system. the maps and csf files themselves can also be put into a .mix file for a more compact installation.

fun maps. id recommend anyone to give them a play

I appreciate the feedback! :) I've been compiling any bugs that have been brought to my attention/I've since noticed; and have been seeing what can be done for a patch to update the affected maps as well as lessons learned for when I am able to develop the Soviet campaign that takes place in this continuity. I was directed here for more map making advice so, I will probably be hitting this place up here in the near future!

I Just finished the whole campaign and I really enjoyed it! :) 

However there is room for some improvements in some of the missions:

Mission 1: I think I already told you that on my YT channel but the Soviet Naval reinforcements just spawn from the middle of the river which doesn't really make it look good lol , also the AI's could use some build triggers in addition for having all their stuff already prebuilt on the map

Mission 4: The AI was pretty passive in this one and it could def. get some more attack waves 

Mission 5: This mission can be broken way too easily, first of all half an hour is waaaaaay too much time for the player to get ready for the incoming enemies , at this time it's easy to prepare some forces and ambush the enemy at it's spawning positions taking out their forces & their MCV's in a few seconds , this unfortunately made the mission a bit boring with all the waiting only to find out you waited so long for only a few second battle... it might be a good idea to cut the timer shorter and also add more enemy units when they arrive.

Mission 7: That was a real great mission only I couldn't figure out how to fire the win trigger at the end, after "running for my life" with Tanya and taking out all the Conscripts I had no clue on what to do or where to go and I got stuck just wandering around the map with Tanya until I commited suicide with her just for fun by blowing up a Nuclear Reactor xD (I really hope that cleaning the whole map completely isn't the key for victory here because it's no stated as one of the objectives)

Overall like I said this was a great campaign and I really had fun with it! :)

Hopefully we will see that Soviet campaign you are planning in the near future

Edited by Eggrollz
  • Like 1