Cheater - very worrying

Tazar

i'm used to finding cheater in ra2 yr online here on cncnet, but something worried me today; apart from the usual cheat where with every faction the cheater can build units like astronauts etc, this player named "shelton" managed to kick me out of the game by pressing ESC - abort mission on MY client from remote! 2 times in 2 games, not one single time

this is very worrying because if he can control this funcion maybe he can access to other things out of the game on my pc?

where is the safety for us user in this software if another person can manipulate your pc remotely?

i'd like a prompt and reassuring reply on this.

thanks

ps: a special note for the players on the cheater side who never mentioned he was cheating until we scouted his base, one of them is JoeRipp, you and you fellow comrades are between the worst scum walking the earth for teaming up with a cheater and saying nothing.

this could be a smart suggestion only if cncnet allowed some kind of hardware ban; but since you can rename and join again the room you have been banned from, we need more ways to fight cheats.

19 hours ago, XMaDTanKX aka T-90 said:

Trust me, the best we can do to fight against this (besides of finding and banning them) is simply NOT to play them!! Ignore them, put them into irrelevance. Go find other games, create your own, and at the moment the cheaters has problems to fill their rooms because no one wants to play them, they will get bored.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Tazar said:

this could be a smart suggestion only if cncnet allowed some kind of hardware ban; but since you can rename and join again the room you have been banned from, we need more ways to fight cheats.

just a game , don't be serious.

Edited by baktbd

We had a report on the Discord chat about this yesterday (not sure if you're the same person, but we're looking into ways to stop this). 

We've since banned the person who was doing it, but it may be easier to talk to us on our discord about this if you come across this again. https://cncnet.org/discord

To ease your concerns, theres no-one taking control of your computer in-game. Whats more likely is that they've made a cheat that will make the game force players to quit.   @Tazar 

• Like 1