DOS C&C and the Soul of C&C

DOSrockz

My Mother Language is German, that's why i cant express my Feelings when I discovered the Soul of C&C on english.

I want to invite someone (Nyergud - it would be an honor to me) to play with me a game inside an manipulated C&C (with TibEd) - I tried

to import the Soul into the Multiplayer.

This beautiful game was never made for Multi-Games like these over cnc-comm and even in playing Singleplayer I had no idea,

that it isnt the aim to spam with Tanks or Jeeps or whatever...

First, I want to let you know, that the DOS-Version C&C's awakes a more - i am inside the battle feeling - enemys troops appear more surprising,

its difficult to control all Troops without the "Communication" Center - aaaaaaaahh!

The Shadow has a primary Role in the game: as long as there is that hiding cloud, infantry standing behind every tree can damage the tank,

the only tank you probably have because of the little Tiberium Fields. Yes, and the Tank isnt a wonderweapon, its completely useless until the moment

an enemy tank storms the front - so you have to hold him behind you, ready to take out!

Selling the Construction Yard ist definitely Part of the Game - the Base is only an Army not already built - Ingeniers as well.

The Towers want to be sold as well - for example the Turret cost 600 - if you wouldnt sell him for 300 and get 2 MG-Guys, he's becoming useless

as the shadow isnt his cloak anymore. Shadow, Selling, Communication Center, Infantry defending the tanks...

Sounds completely new for people sending jeeps in every direction in the beginning of the game, having a resolution up to 10000 to 8000,

skilling thier micro-mouse-abilities in fights between masses jeeps vs buggys...

You've never seen how beautiful the trees are in the DOS-Version, if Infantries move forward between them - hell yeah and then the hovercrafts...

And the Mod cutting down the resolution doesnt look similar to the DOS-Version, never!

How I changed C&C for a nice Multiplayer, this you can ask, but better try!

Hi DOSrockz,

You're right in certain aspects. The DOS game is a complete different game.

Nyerguds might point out that you can change the resolution.

Maybe in a future patch, the former resolution might become a more featured resolution like instead of 640 x 400 (or 320 x 200) could be called "classic resolution", this way to stimulate people to play it the classic way.

But I'm not sure, patch 1.06 series has been a great development, IMO.

I set mine C&C to 800 x 600 because I sense that small res is somehow too nervous game and high res is stressful for the eyes.

Eventually I play the DOS version. but that will take time now, since my computer crashed for good and the new one is W7 (I still miss XP).

I've asked once to Nyerguds to include back the "shakescreen" of destructions of large objects that you can find in DOS version.

Mind you that many missions seems to be made for high res. At least in my case, I almost get crazy playing in 800 x 600, imagine it in 320 x 200.

You don't even know where the shots came from. but, never mind I'm an awful player, I guess.

In cases like yours, I always promote this: Have you seen this collection here?

You've never seen how beautiful the trees are in the DOS-Version, if Infantries move forward between them

Actually, I grew up with DOS C&C 8)

I have many happy childhood memories of playing LAN games over IPX in DOS, spending hours on the campaigns and homemade missions, and I even played DOS C&C online (against Myg, who was playing on C&C95, even), through COM port emulation over IP. I only got C&C95 in the year 2000, after playing through Tiberian Sun and Red Alert 2. And I never stopped playing DOS C&C.

So don't assume too much.

C&C95 has a lot of leftover traces of the 320x200 resolution, but I've never looked into actually using it. I'm afraid it's severely incomplete.

For the rest, I don't really get what this is about...

-You keep talking about DOS C&C, then you talk about a C&C edited with TibEd, which can only edit C&C95.

-you say it's not made for online, then you invite me to play it online?

-Selling the Construction Yard is a dumb thing to do, especially for money purposes.

-"having a resolution up to 10000 to 8000" I do hope that's just a poetic exaggeration, and not a play suggestion. I don't even give tech support for resolutions higher than 1024x768; it's all at your own risk after that.

Mind you that many missions seems to be made for high res.

Actually, practically all those missions are from before C&C95. I know, I've seen most of them on a mission CD which was made around the time The Covert Ops was released.

"But I'm not sure, patch 1.06 series has been a great development, IMO."

Of course, I'm only bursting with excitement, because there is something beyond this side.

I could count 100 arguments or at least less arguments of thier strength to honor the great work you've done.

(Nyergud is the famous name - i don't know wether there is a partner who worked as long as him?)

@Nyergud

I've not found an editor for the DOS-Version and with a low resolution (640x400) you can nearly try,

how the "configurations" i did, change the game to an interesting new one, grabbing the gamefeeling of C&C DOS Singleplayer.

Actually, practically all those missions are from before C&C95. I know, I've seen most of them on a mission CD which was made around the time The Covert Ops was released.

I was implying the most recent, like LKO collection, and suggesting a bit of my (poor) game skills.

@Nyergud

I've not found an editor for the DOS-Version and with a low resolution (640x400) you can nearly try,

how the "configurations" i did, change the game to an interesting new one, grabbing the gamefeeling of C&C DOS Singleplayer.

I'm "Nyerguds", not "Nyergud".

As for DOS C&C:

http://nyerguds.arsaneus-design.com/fullcnc/

I was implying the most recent, like LKO collection, and suggesting a bit of my (poor) game skills.

Um, LKO only plays DOS C&C, as far as I know.

Wow, after reading this I decided to kick it oldschool and play a little bit of DOS c&c.  I had forgotten what a totally different experience it is!  It was kind of exciting having no idea what was going on just a few spaces away.... The comm center is a such necessity instead of something I build to get obelisks or agts and then just sell for cash.  I think I'm gonna play through the original missions this way just for the hell of it.  I still love my hi-res but this just reminded me of the good ol' days!