More trolling

PrezSpammer

Just when we thought things couldn't degrade to another all-time low, well now it truly has. Three games last night, I had a player who just would not, and I really mean WOULD NOT stop with the CHEERING. Given that there's no option to disable it, all of us in the game together had to sit through the torture. Ever since the early days of RA2/YR on CNCNet, there certainly were those who abused this feature, but now it's coming to THIS. Some might call this crazy but team killers, early Apoc/BF/Prism from crate laming, lobby spammers, etc.—all those lowlife antics don't hold a candle to someone's inability to lay off the "C" key. 

• Haha 1

They can't taunt if they're defeated in game. Should just make it a priority to finish him off quick. Also ask game host to kick someone if they're abusing taunts.

Btw, I thought in the options menu there is a way to mute taunts? Is this not available on cncnet? Or maybe it just doesn't work for cheering.

Edited by aWarNoob1
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, PrezSpammer said:

Just when we thought things couldn't degrade to another all-time low, well now it truly has. Three games last night, I had a player who just would not, and I really mean WOULD NOT stop with the CHEERING. Given that there's no option to disable it, all of us in the game together had to sit through the torture. Ever since the early days of RA2/YR on CNCNet, there certainly were those who abused this feature, but now it's coming to THIS. Some might call this crazy but team killers, early Apoc/BF/Prism from crate laming, lobby spammers, etc.—all those lowlife antics don't hold a candle to someone's inability to lay off the "C" key. 

players who abuse taunts are usually noobs, just rush the sh1t out of them and they will stfu lol, or when they are getting owned you have the option to use taunts too 😄

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, aWarNoob1 said:

Btw, I thought in the options menu there is a way to mute taunts? Is this not available on cncnet? Or maybe it just doesn't work for cheering.

Yeah. That option is still available in game (Tab => Taunts), but yeah, it doesn't work for cheering.

It's possible to mute cheering/lower cheering volume from sound options (Esc => Game Controls => Sound => Sound Volume), but that would also affect all unit sounds.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, XMaDTanKX aka T-90 said:

players who abuse taunts are usually noobs, just rush the sh1t out of them and they will stfu lol, or when they are getting owned you have the option to use taunts too 😄

Problem is, I mainly play on Near or Far so it can be typically be very difficult to figure out who it is amongst seven players as to who's doing it. By the third game, I could finally narrow it down given the frequent roster changes between games on 8 player maps. Maybe admins can look into disabling cheers in the game lobby. It would also be nice to have an option to mute lobby sounds during a game, which would be enabled by default.

1 hour ago, PrezSpammer said:

Problem is, I mainly play on Near or Far so it can be typically be very difficult to figure out who it is amongst seven players as to who's doing it. By the third game, I could finally narrow it down given the frequent roster changes between games on 8 player maps.

It's very easy to know who's cheering, especially if it's happening frequently as you said; Just look around to see whose dogs/troops are reacting to it.

1 hour ago, PrezSpammer said:

It would also be nice to have an option to mute lobby sounds during a game

You can turn it off any time you want from client options (Options => CnCNet => Play sound when a game is hosted). It's always off for me.
Or you can mute/lower client volume (Options => Audio => Client Volume).

• Upvote 1