RA1 EVA "upgrade complete" sound

Iran

Apparently there are quite a few sound/speech clips that were made but never used. Some can be found in the German version of the game (the sounds that is; all speech is of course translated). As for the speech, I remember the Radio 2 Remix has the Allied Thief's line, "Time for a five-finger discount!", which is also not present in the game files.

Most other RA music tracks with vocals have clips from in-game video cutscenes though.

TBH though, now I distinctly remember the "Upgrade complete" line from Radio 2 Remix (it's repeated several times IIRC), but I never even paid the slightest attention to the fact that it is not actually used in the game, and in fact does not exist in the game files.

"s for the speech, I remember the Radio 2 Remix has the Allied Thief's line, "Time for a five-finger discount!", which is also not present in the game files."

Yup it does.

What sounds are there in the German version? I recently read that some guy found unused Tiberian Sun files in the German and Spanish translations too.

What sounds are there in the German version?

Uhh, I don't remember all of them, but there are two files that sound like they could have been intended for cloaking and decloaking of a Stealth Tank type unit (the Phase Transport in Aftermath uses the Iron Curtain sound for cloaking, and so do units in vanilla RA that pick up a stealth crate - given that you enable stealth crates in RULES.INI that is).

There are also unused sounds in the English versions of both C&C and RA, as you of course know. Actually I think that the RA minigunner infantry shot sound is better than the one used in the actual game.

What sounds are there in the German version?

Actually I think that the RA minigunner infantry shot sound is better than the one used in the actual game.

Which sound is that and what is the one used in the actual game? I might be able to patch it in.

And this works with players using 3.03 online?

Edit: Checked some stuff and I can add it as an option to my patch.

If you have some interest in extracting them I could add stuff like the cloaking sound as optional feature for my patch, MrFlibble.

If you have some interest in extracting them I could add stuff like the cloaking sound as optional feature for my patch, MrFlibble.

What patch are you working on? (I haven't checked these forums in a while, so I must have missed some things.) You can easily get the original German SOUNDS.MIX (SOUND.MIX?) from the German version of MiniRA (except I can't remember where I got that and if it's still available there...).

[Edit] Here's a download at a German website, I'm not sure if it's the same thing (might be English):

http://www.cnchq.de/index.php?content=downloads&dl_id=272

Anyhow I added code to overwrite rules.ini and play an alternative sound for the Rifle Infantry, also to add a grenade throwing sound to Grenadier. Just gotta make them optional once I start working on the patch again.

BTW, IIRC the demo version of RA has a version of h2obomb.aud that is somehow different from the full version, but maybe only in size. My memory on this is quite vague, but you could just compare the aud files in the demo and the full version and check what the exact differences are.

No, that demo was DOS C&C, though I did release isos of that too (but only in english).

As for C&C95, I replaced some internal file (a dll I think) in the french and german C&C95 installers by one from the C&C95 installer to make them work again. Well, they still need 32 bit and Win95 compatibility mode, of course.