CCE crashes on start, enabling CS/AM maps on installation

olddust

With Renegade servers the memory leaks cause the SFPS to drop or to be unstable (because of memory fragmentation some of the times). The SFPS determines how many frames the server can process per second, the lower the less it can process causing packets to get processed later and as a result of this the server will lag. If you join Jelly-Marathon at the moment when the SFPS suddenly falls from 101 to say 92 or lower you can notice this because the server is hanging for around 200-300 milliseconds because of raven's shitty coding. What you'll experience is sliding around and you can notice people lagging back and forth like in this video:

POLIOGLACIER

The RA1 equivalent would be you getting FPS lag. That does cause the game to lag for everyone, this happens a lot in RA2 and YR even with modern PCs.

Okay I'll check out Holy Ground and see what the issue is.

Maybe we can arrange some games together? Or with other cnc-comm people? We're on irc.freenode.net #cncnet. There's definitely an issue with some AM maps having settings that cause out of sync at start when playing with people not running AM, and making modified versions of the maps fixes these issues. The out of sync error late game is something different and I have no idea what and if it's caused by anything from my patch or not.

A lack of CPU power can cause a players connection to become unstable as well.  I imagine quite a few people who play this game don't have modern PC's (hyperthreading, multiple CPU's).  Without those, a memory leak or an issue that causes the program to consume all available CPU power can disrupt their connection.  My examples probably aren't appropriate for a public forum, due to the fact they involved illegal activities.  Learned a lot though.

I don't really use IRC anymore, but I play on olddust.  If you see me on and want to arrange a game let me know or PM me here.

If I had to guess, I would say its a communication issue between people with the patch and those without.  I remember from when Wchat was around, if you played online and closed Wchat while the game was in progress it would cause an OOS. 

To update Holy Grounds, finally connected by joining someone elses game who was hosting the map and it immediately went out of sync.  I've played most Mega AM maps now, only had problems on the ones I've mentioned so far.

Has Iran updated his installer or is the sidebar elongated in on-line play?  :huh:

I'd love ardas longer sidebar in singleplayer and skirmish.

To update Holy Grounds, finally connected by joining someone elses game who was hosting the map and it immediately went out of sync.  I've played most Mega AM maps now, only had problems on the ones I've mentioned so far.

Has Iran updated his installer or is the sidebar elongated in on-line play?  :huh:

I'd love ardas longer sidebar in singleplayer and skirmish.

yes, he updated it  8)

Awesome :3

All I ask for now is some sort of version numbering system for the installer exe and on the download link, so users can see at a glance when they visit the webpage.

I.e. Download 'PortableRA_Full_v1.02.exe'

When I visit the website I just see "Download game installer from Dropbox" and the saved exe is equally as blank.

Keep up the good work

I'll see about doing that. Anyhow I'll probably release an update next week which I'll use as basis for my first standalone patch beta release not so long from now. I still have to fix a bunch of minor stuff and rare serious crashes/freezes but I can do that in a later version of my patch.