How do you edit text files for unlimited ore on a self made map? (like rashdown)

Benocide

Hi guys Ive got some awesome maps comming your way!

I really want to know how to make a tiny patch of ore give you unlimited money! Just like on Rashdown!

So I make a map (in my case with the original map editor edwin) and save it.

Then I understand I need to down load a text editor? If so which one?

Then with the text editor I somehow change the propety of ore in my map? How do I do that exactly?

Many many thanks guys!!!

Many thanks to CnC.net for bring back to life my favourite games!!!!!!!!

Thanks mate it looks an awesome editor but its so freakin hard to use. I cant even paint or drag my mouse for an area to fill and I dont understand the instructions for how to do it!

Then if I do manage to use it to edit a map, I save the map and it dosnt show up in the game!

Im sure its better than edwin but better usually means more complex and complex means freakin hard to use/learn!

Hi mate I am honoured to get an answer from someone famous like yourself!

I just want to say how massively grateful I am for the fixes you put on command and conquer 1. I wanted to play that game so badly for so long and it kept crashing then I download your patch and suddenly I could play my favourite game!

Man that was a happy day for me thankyou Sir! 

its much better, you just gotta get used to it :D its also possible to drag and fill bigger fields with overlay, check out the readme (its anywhere in the menus)

Ok I will thanks for your help mate great job on the editor I will make sure to read up on how to use it properly!

Hi mate I am honoured to get an answer from someone famous like yourself!

I just want to say how massively grateful I am for the fixes you put on command and conquer 1. I wanted to play that game so badly for so long and it kept crashing then I download your patch and suddenly I could play my favourite game!

Man that was a happy day for me thankyou Sir! 

Aheh, thanks... I guess the big guys nowadays are hifi and iran though. I've been pretty inactive lately. And I don't know much about RA1  O_o

I wish people would move away form infinite money to something with a bit more skill and more varied gameplay than 'tesla spam'

Agreed 100%. If I wanted to play a game where the only requirement for building stuff is build time, I'd go play C&C4 (yuck).