SUGGESTION: PS1 C&C Soundtrack

Jonttu

Always liked the PS1 themes over the ones on the pc maybe because those are the ones I heard first. Aneeway, would it be possible to add the PS1 Command & Conquer tracks/remixes into TD? Could it be done in such a way that you could replace the original soundtrack with the ps1 ost only to a degree where the PS1 remixes only replace the original ones, but other tracks are left untouched? Since you already have the other remixes in the setup I figured it could work since those remixes work too. Could work identically.

If you're wondering... Yes, there most definitely are some differences between the PS1 remixes and the other remixes too. For example there's at least 3 different Act on Instinct track versions, the original without "vocals", the remix currently in, and the one on the ps1 version.

Original: C&C: Tiberian Dawn - Act on Instinct (music)

Remix: C&C: The Covert Operations - Act on Instinct [Variation]

PS1 remix: C&C Tiberian dawn music: Act on Instinct (Stereo with lyrics)

[some differences in the voices etc... It still makes a difference though! :D  (Srs)]

Always liked the PS1 themes over the ones on the pc maybe because those are the ones I heard first. Aneeway, would it be possible to add the PS1 Command & Conquer tracks/remixes into TD? Could it be done in such a way that you could replace the original soundtrack with the ps1 ost only to a degree where the PS1 remixes only replace the original ones, but other tracks are left untouched? Since you already have the other remixes in the setup I figured it could work since those remixes work too. Could work identically.

If you're wondering... Yes, there most definitely are some differences between the PS1 remixes and the other remixes too. For example there's at least 3 different Act on Instinct track versions, the original without "vocals", the remix currently in, and the one on the ps1 version.

Original: C&C: Tiberian Dawn - Act on Instinct (music)

Remix: C&C: The Covert Operations - Act on Instinct [Variation]

PS1 remix: C&C Tiberian dawn music: Act on Instinct (Stereo with lyrics)

[some differences in the voices etc... It still makes a difference though! :D  (Srs)]

Google for "Command & Conquer OST Collection". I think that it is what you want. Anyway, the PS1 and Saturn musics play better because they got better audio format.

Eh. Never heard enough difference there to warrant the effort of converting it.

Oh, and the Saturn version uses CD audio, so in terms of audio quality its soundtrack is definitely superior to the PS1 version.

Couldent you just convert the tracks to 22050hz 16bit mono, convert to aud then throw them in a mix with original file names?

Yes.

With my themes.ini you could even add them as new tracks.

Google for "Command & Conquer OST Collection". I think that it is what you want. Anyway, the PS1 and Saturn musics play better because they got better audio format.

Well that's a little different I think... I don't think TD nor RA1 plays mp3 files...

Couldent you just convert the tracks to 22050hz 16bit mono, convert to aud then throw them in a mix with original file names?

Man sounds like something I wouldn't know how to do. Would still need the PS1 tracks.

Eh. Never heard enough difference there to warrant the effort of converting it.

Oh, and the Saturn version uses CD audio, so in terms of audio quality its soundtrack is definitely superior to the PS1 version.

Yes.

With my themes.ini you could even add them as new tracks.

Hmm well there is a difference. I'm not really talking about sound quality, because for example Act on Instinct original, remix and PS1 version all seem to be separate recordings or at the very least have different audio samples, listen closely for the difference between the remix and PS1 version, when the lady says "There is a very unstable situation on the ground that is unfolding very quickly", there's quite a difference between the two. The PS1 version sounds imo better whereas the other one sounds very lazy and stuff.  :laugh: Maybe we can reach a compromise. What I'd really like is to get at least that one PS1 Act on Instinct song and the ability to pick between individual tracks from the original PC ost and the remixes.

Hmm well there is a difference. I'm not really talking about sound quality, because for example Act on Instinct original, remix and PS1 version all seem to be separate recordings or at the very least have different audio samples, listen closely for the difference between the remix and PS1 version, when the lady says "There is a very unstable situation on the ground that is unfolding very quickly", there's quite a difference between the two. The PS1 version sounds imo better whereas the other one sounds very lazy and stuff.

That may just be the audio quality. I doubt the clip was rerecorded.

Hmm well there is a difference. I'm not really talking about sound quality, because for example Act on Instinct original, remix and PS1 version all seem to be separate recordings or at the very least have different audio samples, listen closely for the difference between the remix and PS1 version, when the lady says "There is a very unstable situation on the ground that is unfolding very quickly", there's quite a difference between the two. The PS1 version sounds imo better whereas the other one sounds very lazy and stuff.

That may just be the audio quality. I doubt the clip was rerecorded.

Well I think it's totally obvious it's not?

Gimme a break, I was at work when I wrote that. I couldn't exactly compare them there :P

Anyway, I just compared them, and you're right, the clip in the ingame .var version is different from the one in the soundtrack/PS/Saturn version. Beside that, I noticed that in the Saturn version, the voice clips are less loud than in the soundtrack version, most probably to let them blend into the music better. So I guess that if I update the track, I'd better use the Saturn version.

Are there other tracks with noticeable differences like that?

Lol, does anyone of you know where i can even find the PS1 C&C Soundtrack?? I can't find a playlist of it on youtube, I can't find a mention of "C&C PS1 OST/soundtrack" anywhere on youtube. I can't even find search results on Google with "Command & Conquer PS1/Playstation OST/Soundtrack/Track list"...... It has to be the PS1 C&C Soundtrack, not PC or a collection mix of both.

Ok. I presume the only different track is the Act on Instinct one. At least we were not able to find any other differences.

So, maybe if it's possible to include that one track (Act On Instinct ps1 version) into the next patch or something and a way to exchange specific tracks between the remixes and original tracks, I'd be pretty happy.