Building Foundations in Arda

ROB

Thats the topic I was looking for. I tinkered with it a bit, trying to get the TD silo to replace the ore silo, and it kinda worked. I managed to increase the foundation to 2x1, but for some reason Red Alert recognized the right cell as the building anchor, and the left side of the silo kept having clipping errors and units could move right through it. To compensate I added a 24 pixel blank space (1 Cell) to the left of each building and make frame, so technically the silo and make are now 3 cells wide. The silo is situated correctly over the foundation, but the selection bracket and health bar bleed all over the place and it looks like crap. And i cant seem to get Ardas update cell thing to work.

So now my thinking is, Arda CAN increase the building foundations, but Red Alert still expects a building graphic the size of the original. I wanted to experiment increases the size of civilian buildings and usung some TS civ building gfx for them, not sure if it will actually work.

The problem is, the game has an internal list of possible X*Y shapes, and uses that for the selection bracket of buildings. I'm not sure how Arda handles that, but the game should somehow be told to use a 2x1 size for it, probably the same as the SAM site (though knowing C&C1, the SAM could be a special case, with refreshed cells above it for the firing smoke animations)

Yes, it doesn't seem to work 100%, I once tried to make the airfield longer, which seemed to create a problem similar to what I'm hearing from you. Although, it also moved the whole thing 1/2 a cell to the right... very strange, and units could drive through some of it.

Maybe try hitting up AlexB, not sure how much support he still offers, or if he's continuing his project, but he's always been pretty helpful for me.

-Liam

Seems like it is what it is then. I think Arda is unnoficial abandonware. Alex is innactive in cncnz now. I hit him up with a pm on the Ares forum about the future of Arda but got no response.