An RTS game conference

Chimas

Hi guys,

Let's put our minds to work or to say BS.

I was reading this calendar and I noted there is no RTS game conference which is a heresy. Or, if you prefer a more broad context - a strategic games conference.

I think we could discuss this for the sake of creativity - where, how long, what subsections, sponsor, etc.

Write down a wish list (before EA or Activision do that), maybe with luck becomes a petition.

What would be a good RTS/strategy gaming environment to find everything about it?

Also, if you have been to one of those or some alike, you can tell us the experience, if you considered it interesting.

• 3 months later...

There is a fan organized mini sub-event called CommandCOM at GamesCom in Germany http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=24736 and I think at one time they actually invited Brett Sperry to it and recorded the speech he gave about the history of Westwood and the C&C franchise up until EA took over. It seems to be professionalized by now http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=35826

It would be a good thing to have some RTS debates. I'm seeing a lot of kickstarter projects that are being developed and might be "canibalizing" each other due to marketing and timing issues.

Also, a RTS game theory (the concepts before coding) would make game developers think better before going on in a lone long march endeavour. Some games are looking interesting, but I'm not sure how much the developers are minding about replayability: what features they would be willing to let go to a community of fans ...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...