New lobby shows all internet players and games in LAN mode.

FoutVarken

Question

9 answers to this question

Not meant for?

When you press the "Network (LAN)" button on the cncnet red alert launcher you are redirected to the new lobby nowadays. So I think that most people who want to play LAN now end up in the new lobby.

After selecting Online or LAN in the launcher, you have to select again Online or LAN in the small login window. I think a selection in the launcher should be enough.

regards,

Erwin

Like FunkyFr3sh said the Internet connection is needed for sharing maps/map transfers (which are done automatically in the background so you don't notice) for maps players don't have but the host has. This might be an issue, but the suggestion itself is what the desirable behavior would be (hiding online players and games, and just showing LAN nes).

Not meant for?

When you press the "Network (LAN)" button on the cncnet red alert launcher you are redirected to the new lobby nowadays. So I think that most people who want to play LAN now end up in the new lobby.

Fine, so they shouldn't put a LAN button on the cncnet launcher at all then without separating the lobbies properly. I'd just start the game directly; it's not like you can't share those maps manually if the other people you play with are in the same building.