Tiberian Sun CD issue

Insignia17

Question

So I downloaded Tiberian Sun from this website here, and I completely installed it.

Though when I go to play the game, I get an error message related to needing to have a CD to run it and then press OK.

I am running Windows 7 and have tried GAME.exe and SUN.exe in Administrative mode, but they do not work. Also, compatibility for 98/ ME as well.

Please help as soon as possible. I got Red Alert working and love this site for that. Don't let me down brothers!

SUN.png.0ba100edcc494d8129d63a3ab047cfc0.png

Hmm, did you start it using the launcher?

I just found something out..

My sun Directory has like, two other sun downloads stacked.

One from my CD, which gave me the error too, then from the original Sun download, and now this one. Uninstalled ALL suns just now; trying the beta you gave me. Seeing if getting a new directory works.

This is a common error, there are no DLL files missing, TS just fails to register one of it's DLL files which requires admin permission (unless something actually prevented the DLL files from extracting). Like I said run the launcher as administator (right click, run as administrator).

Though from the icon I see in your taskbar you are not running the TS from my beta installer as that has an updated icon.

Try to run game.exe directly, if that doesn't work disable compatibility mode and run as administrator on it and try again.

Some anti virus programs can cause TS to fail registering BLOWFISH.dll too.

I have Microsoft Essentials, CCleaner (Not virus scanner, just disc cleaner.)

What are some known engines to do that?

I use Microsoft Security Essentials and CCleaner too.

Anti virus such as Norton and McAffee might cause problems.

Did you try to do what I told you by the way?

Indeed I did. Just running game.exe as an administrator did not work either. STILL "DLL files missing" which is not true.

Try running this command from a commandline with admin permissions: regsvr32 C:\Westwood\SUN\BLOWFISH.dll

if you installed TS in C:\Westwood\SUN

Remember run cmd as admin before running regsvr32 or else it won't register correctly.