Little help

RobTheHun

Question

I just finished downloading the TSinstaller12, and went through the rest of the downloand and I am now trying to start the game but it is telling me to insert the correct CD and restart, sorry for the rookie questions but i'm sure there will be a few more

14 answers to this question

This is how I got my game to work on windows 8 (hopefully it will work for you):

1) Download this and extract the files to your Tiberian Sun folder http://www.commandandconquer.com/forums/index.php/topic/26975-running-tiberian-sun-on-windows-8/

2) Press right click on the game or any shortcut, press properties and then go to compatibility (at the top).

3) Check run as administrator and try the game.

4) If the game doesn't work or crashes (which is most likely to happen) run the program in compatibility mode for windows XP service pack 3 (in properties and compatibility as well).

5) Run the game again if it still doesn't work (which I doubt) press reduced colour mode and change it to 16-bit (in properties and compatibility as well).

I really hope the game works for you, good luck :D

The No CD in TS installer 1.2 is a bit buggy (it's EA's one btw) if you feel like doing some beta testing try this new version: http://tore29.com/tsins/TSinstaller3-beta8r3.exe . If you keep crashing try messing around with the renderer setting under options in the launcher.

Once I'm done with University for this semester I'll look into that TS installer and hopefully get it in to some sort of releasable state.

It's working fine now thank you very much Tore this takes me back to when i was a kid XD.

*edit: ts campaign for gdi seems to work fine, but the nod campaign i receive a message stating "Unable to read scenario"  This is also the problem for ts:f except that neither the gdi or nod campaign works any suggestions?