Thank You! :D

Commander Flores

I hope im posting this in the right place but I just wanted to start this topic just to say THANK YOU!! cncnet and everyone for bringing back so much memories! My gosh I feel like only yesterday I was 5 years old playing Command & Conquer Red Alert and Retaliation on my Playstation One. Now I'm 17 and a senior in high school and it is just so awesome that I can now play the game again. Little difficult for me to play on pc I have to admit since im still use to the console controls but im managing.  :) I never got passed mission 5 on both soviet and allied of the campaign. It was just so hard and I always played skirmish. Im gonna give it another go some time tho. Watch out Soviet Union! Because Commander Flores is back! And counterstrike and aftermath expansions as well? Aw shiz! its like Retaliation all over again! Again thank you for bringing this game back to life. I think im gonna cry! *Sniff Sniff*

The first time I played RA1 it was the PS1 Allied Retaliation disk. It dose take some geting use to to on PC but PC is the better version. If your using PortableRA you should be able to change to DOS/PS1 icons.

Counterstrike and Aftermath expansions where combinded for the PS1 Retaliation. The only upside to PS1 Retaliation disk (out side of the cheat codes) was the brefing videos that were done for them but they have been converted to PC too.

Yeah, I'm starting to see that the pc is so much better because of the online and modding and what not. I can't seem to get the soviet vids on campaign tho. I only see the intro soviet video and all the allied videos work just fine. But whatever, Thats what youtube is for. :P Anyway I'm trying to do the retaliation missions and one of them that haunted me for a very long time... Evacuation! I failed 3 times already but im gonna get passed it one of these days! lol

Red Dawn is quite close to C&C95 but not 100% and I haven't remade all of the mission from it as well. The Classic Mission are quite close but not everything is the same. Only a few of the Classic Mission have brefing videos. Only videos that I could use for the edits of the RA1 mission were converted to RA1.

C&C95 is free as well.

http://nyerguds.arsaneus-design.com/cnc95upd/cc95p106/

Get Complete No-CD game installation pack (v1.06c r3, no videos, all music included) (96.7 MB) and English videos pack (479.4 MB).

cool, I actually played skirmish on easy and the AI was just so hard! :( lol I will get it down one of these days. I heard the original command & conquer didn't have a skirmish mode and thats no fun. I do understand that it was the first of the series tho. I have to admit I don't really know a lot about the game or what the war is even about but I'm starting to read the EVA database wiki to get caught up. :P

Yes the original Cammand & Conquer (C&C/C&C95/C&C Gold) dosen't have skirmish. It was wrote after C&C95's release and ported into RA1. You can see a note of this in the rules.ini if you look at the ; ******* AI Controls ******* It is also not vary mod-able as it has no Rules.ini to edit units or buildings.

cool, I actually played skirmish on easy and the AI was just so hard! :( lol I will get it down one of these days. I heard the original command & conquer didn't have a skirmish mode and thats no fun. I do understand that it was the first of the series tho. I have to admit I don't really know a lot about the game or what the war is even about but I'm starting to read the EVA database wiki to get caught up. :P

Well you can get the full original C&C here: http://nyerguds.arsaneus-design.com/cnc95upd/cc95p106/ if you want to play the campaign ;)

Thanks man. Quick question, is there a video pack I can download for Red Dawn so I can see all the videos? If not or its not possible then I will just watch the briefings on youtube before playing a mission. And again thanks for everything. You guys just killed my occupation this weekend. XD

Red Dawn? You mean Tiberian Dawn?

And, um, it's right there in the list of downloads on the 1.06 patch page. First is the patch, second is the full game, third are the videos.  :huh:

Thanks man. Quick question, is there a video pack I can download for Red Dawn so I can see all the videos? If not or its not possible then I will just watch the briefings on youtube before playing a mission. And again thanks for everything. You guys just killed my occupation this weekend. XD

Nope. I only put in a few from C&C95. Videos are huge and make a massive download. You can watch them on YouTube as you said. All of the classic mission say what side and mission they are.

Red Dawn? You mean Tiberian Dawn?

And, um, it's right there in the list of downloads on the 1.06 patch page. First is the patch, second is the full game, third are the videos.  :huh:

Red Dawn has a few of the C&C95 brefing videos. He is asking if I converted all to Red Dawn.

Alright its all good thanks guys. I'm actually just gonna stick to red dawn and like I said before watch the briefings on youtube. I gave the original a try but meh I kinda like red dawn better. No offense maybe its just cuz I played red alert but whatever thanks a lot guys and take care. :)