Yuri's Revenge Install Error

TyWillems19

Hello,

I've downloaded the Yuri's Revenge downloader .exe from the website, and the default download folder was C:/Westwood/RA2, but presented an error message. I tried redownloading the installer and retained the same error. Experienced complete install from Windows 7 PC saved to folder C:/Program Files (x86)/Red Alert 2 Yuri's Revenge . I am running Windows 8.1.

I attached screenshot of the error. Let me know what you think.

EDIT:

I tried installing it to the same destination as what worked for windows 7, but to no avail. I'm stumped.

Yuris_Revenge_Error.png.08e4e1e8d5358d36d147f5e0434c51f8.png

I do not have Yuri's Revenge installed, that is what I'm trying to accomplish. I'm using the download from cncnet to install Yuri's Revenge. During the install process, with the installer.exe from cncnet, I get error shown in the screenshot, without any alterations.

Even after an attempt to choose a different folder, create folders with distinct names, choosing the same folder it is trying to create, etc. All of these attempts fail and I get the same error message.

I've deleted the installer and redownloaded from cncnet, begin installation, same error at this point in time.

Like I said earlier, with the same installer from cncnet, I witnessed with my own eyes the install from start to finish on a Windows 7 PC, going through the steps without any alterations. I am running Windows 8.1 and encounter this error.

EDIT:

Hey guys, sorry I just read that Yuri's Revenge is not freeware, and must be purchased to play on cncnet's server.

Am I correct on this?

I do not have Yuri's Revenge installed, that is what I'm trying to accomplish. I'm using the download from cncnet to install Yuri's Revenge

And why do you think the download holds Yuri's Revenge itself when the site clearly says it DOESN'T because it's not freeware?

Yep, got it.

I do not have Yuri's Revenge installed, that is what I'm trying to accomplish. I'm using the download from cncnet to install Yuri's Revenge. During the install process, with the installer.exe from cncnet, I get error shown in the screenshot, without any alterations.

Even after an attempt to choose a different folder, create folders with distinct names, choosing the same folder it is trying to create, etc. All of these attempts fail and I get the same error message.

I've deleted the installer and redownloaded from cncnet, begin installation, same error at this point in time.

Like I said earlier, with the same installer from cncnet, I witnessed with my own eyes the install from start to finish on a Windows 7 PC, going through the steps without any alterations. I am running Windows 8.1 and encounter this error.

EDIT:

Hey guys, sorry I just read that Yuri's Revenge is not freeware, and must be purchased to play on cncnet's server.

Am I correct on this?

Hey - that's correct. You can purchase all of the C&C games via a digital copy on Origin - which includes Red Alert 2 & Yuri's Revenge.

https://www.origin.com/en-gb/store/buy/c-c-the-ultimate-collection/pc-download/bundle/standard-edition