Is singleplayer broken now?

Jacko

I'm fiddling with making a single-player mission of my own but I'm running into a nightmare problem where the game crashes every time I try to reinforce in a teamtype from off the map. Even weirder is I have 2 teams of migs come in fine but anything else coming in just immediately crashes.

The basic idea is you get to the damaged base, then some migs come in and bomb a couple of things and then you are supposed to be given some extra units from off the map, but anytime I try to reinforce anything in the game just immediately crashes (as previously described). for testing purposes there is a well placed tank just outside base detection zone.

scu01ea.ini

It only happen on maps you fail to leave a 2 square buffer around the border of the map. (it may need to be bigger if you are reinforcing a big team) What happens is the reinforced team can't all be in the same square so the game tries to put a unit/units off of the 126x126 surface crashes. There is also error that works much the same but happen when a unit over shoot a target and the projectile leaves the 126x126 surface. I believe this is called the North error because it happens a lot when units shoot north close to the border. I had to fix a few mission because of it.

• 4 weeks later...