Does Yuri's Have Less Lag On XWIS?

Guest Stefor

Guest Stefor

I've noticed considerable stutter in my red alert 2 matches.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bH9OdoUXca8

you can see throughout that video lots of stuttering lag. My computer is running the game fine. do you think the game runs at such a fast speed it needs the WOL/XWIS delay for smooth gameplay? Can anything be done to make units and gameplay run smoother? Everything runs at a k speed but its just stuttery the whole time. Constant pauses instead of smooth gameplay.

Just to jump in on this topic i've so far been experiencing lag on anything above a 1 v 1. 2 v 2 was laggy but playable, 3 v 3 unplayable- but perhaps a different type of lag to the stuttery one you speak of, i think thats normal to a certain degree at this point. It is more like the traditional lag experienced through slow connections on other servers. Other players seemed desperate before the game start to not have more than 4 players and they were certain it would lag.

I've not yet played enough games to back this up- could just be one player having a rubbish internet connection.

playing last night for first time, I noticed lag in 2v2 3v3 games, delay was far worse than xwis delay also.

I understand this being a beta and could be fixed with time because lan is faster isn't it. anyways keep up the good work here guys, coming along well.

Played a lot last night with same people. Got some good speeds but sometimes lag. It seems variable even with same players. Definitely can notice a different between 4,6 and 8 players games most of the time, even with players I know have good connections.

Seems luck of the draw half the time. Could there be factors not to do with players connections but  server side that could be improved? I'm no tech head so don't know. It definitely seems to be me factors are causing lag in some cases that aren't related to players connections or else it would be happening on XWIS with those players as well.

Regardless you guys are doing s great job. Have really bought yuris back from the dead. Throughly enjoyed myself last night - so much nostalgia ! I'd happily take that for a few laggy games- but hopefully continuous improvement will make the experience even better!

Hint: When you guys make comparisons please ensure you are testing with exactly the same persons, do not add/remove one of the testers or you will get completly wrong results :)

I did make that assumption, so I played my 2v2 and 3v3 with the same people to notice lag, however in my test I played game on xwis with a m8 then went to cncnet and tried same map vs same person, was more of a delay, I didn't see a way to check FPS (if there is one yet) however I know fps and delay have nothing to do with each other. Im no expert on how server lag works ect by any means, ill leave that to you professionals :D

I figured it was due to still working on the beta, the lag in all reality I was experiencing wasn't terrible and unplayable. I normally run 58 fps on xwis, but ive been there so long I don't notice delay in my games there, it's just normal to me lol

I look forward to using your server in my off time as well when activity is slow on xwis. im really into my tournament games and I was happy to see what was being worked on by a few of my m8s

a lot of xwis players are excited to what you plan to do with cncnet for the future of ra2.

Windows 8/8.1 users can end up with performance issues that lead to lag since the yuri version of cncnet is currently not fully windows8 compatible. So yes, if you are using windows 8 then it could be the FPS that makes the game laggy here

no, I hate win8, I'm using win7 which shouldn't have issues.

maybe it wasn't me though, I personally might not have the issue, just people I'm playing with lol

could it be a tunnel server issue since most players just auto start a match using the defaults ?

In my end, i noticed that it was much more faster as compared to the first release though still not as fast as the single player. Havent tried xwis though/