New Units in Mission Making

ROB

I have been tinkering with getting the un-hardcoded new units to work with the A.I. (E1, 2TNK) and have learned the following things.

-The player can build new units in single player only if enabling aftermath units in the options.

-The player can receive new units as reinforcements

-Single Player A.I. and Skirmish A.I. will never build the new units, even if specifically told to do so.

-A.I can receive new units as reinforcements and they will obey all orders.

-A.I. will not use existing new units placed on the map to form a new teamtype.

-Values must be editied manually in the triggers and teamtypes, RAED does not support new units

-Use a place holder like ANT1 or GNRL  in RAED then change the entries to the new units

-NEVER load a map in RAED with new units/buildings....just dont, recommend back up copies 

• 2 years later...
On 18.3.2015 at 3:12 PM, ROB said:

I have been tinkering with getting the un-hardcoded new units to work with the A.I. (E1, 2TNK) and have learned the following things.

-The player can build new units in single player only if enabling aftermath units in the options.

-The player can receive new units as reinforcements

-Single Player A.I. and Skirmish A.I. will never build the new units, even if specifically told to do so.

-A.I can receive new units as reinforcements and they will obey all orders.

-A.I. will not use existing new units placed on the map to form a new teamtype.

-Values must be editied manually in the triggers and teamtypes, RAED does not support new units

-Use a place holder like ANT1 or GNRL  in RAED then change the entries to the new units

-NEVER load a map in RAED with new units/buildings....just dont, recommend back up copies 

I was wondering these questions on another topic at the Modding -section, but i should do some research instead :)

So, even if i put manually A.I build such unit as FTNK, it still won't build it even if it has own teamtype ?

This confuses me a bit, since first you claim that A.I cannot build new units but few rows later you instruct to make teamtypes manually :huh:

You can add these units as reinforce only.

But I guess you can force your new unit to come out of the war factory. Just place the WayPoint of the team below the war factory and reinforce the team by a trigger. This is the way the Stealth Tank in one of the aftermath missions is reinforced. Not sure if it will work with more than 1 unit.

Make sure the reinforce trigger will stop when the war factory is dead.