Tiberian Sun voices for Dune 2000

Feda

In this pack I have replaced the original dune eva/mentat voices (such as "building", "unit ready" etc.) with the EVA-GDI (Atreides) and CABAL-Nod (Harkonnen). They sound much better than the dune voices in my opinion. Also, I replaced Ordos voices with the EVA voice from Red Alert 1.

In order to install it, unzip the archive somewhere. You'll see 3 folders, one for each side. Copy and paste all files from inside the folders to Dune 2000/Data/GAMESFX (dont forget to make a backup). If you do not wish to change, for example, the Ordos, but u want other 2, just dont paste the files from the Ordos folder.

Installation readme included.

Here is the CABAL/Nod voice for House Harkonnen in a multiplayer match: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzi0779NEaY

Dune_2000_TibSun_voices.zip

With a bit of patience, "upgrading" messages could most likely be concocted from the existing voice material (such as "unit speed/armor/whatever UPGRAded" and "builDING", for instance). "Wormsign" on the other hand seems quite a bit more difficult, to say the least...

As I mentioned in the initial post, there are a few sounds which do not exist in TS therefore I couldnt add them. If someone can do the upgrading etc. sounds that's cool, but i won't waste time with something as minor as that :D

With a bit of patience, "upgrading" messages could most likely be concocted from the existing voice material (such as "unit speed/armor/whatever UPGRAded" and "builDING", for instance). "Wormsign" on the other hand seems quite a bit more difficult, to say the least...

I might be able to do that... I've done a couple of those before :cncsmirk:

http://nyerguds.arsaneus-design.com/junk/stealth-unit-detected.wav

lol. Not quite the same, but somewhat usable, I guess XD

Really, though... TS has voice briefings, meaning there's tons of material you can use for cutting and pasting vowels together, in loads of different intonations and connections. It's how I made the EVA for the Spanish C&C1 language pack, using the Spanish TS EVA.

Gimme a list of the voices you still need (the spoken text to construct, not the filenames), and I'll see what I can do.

lol. Not quite the same, but somewhat usable, I guess XD

Really, though... TS has voice briefings, meaning there's tons of material you can use for cutting and pasting vowels together, in loads of different intonations and connections. It's how I made the EVA for the Spanish C&C1 language pack, using the Spanish TS EVA.

Gimme a list of the voices you still need (the spoken text to construct, not the filenames), and I'll see what I can do.

It would be "Upgrading" and "Building lost". Others such as game saved/mission loaded are pretty useless imo, not worth the hassle.

No, no. I want the full list of needed voices. You already missed the wormsign one in your listing. I don't DO half work <_<

Wormsign, worm attack, harvester under attack (Ordos only, with RA1 voice, others have it), Upgrading,Building lost (atr and hark), game saved, game loaded, guarding, death hand missile preparing (atr and hark), retreating.

This is kinda all I could find lol

RA1 voice? Um. That's quite a bit harder. RA1 kinda doesn't have these voice briefings. For DTA, I could at least fall back on the Some Survivor ones :huh:

I used RA1 voice for Ordos as that's the closest thing I could get to the original Ordos mentat voice :D

• 1 month later...