Crazy scroll speed bug

RC1985

I'm sure u guys know about this already. sometimes the cursor goes mad and moves too fast.

I read here somewhere that lowering the max fps in ddraw.ini helps, i did that (to 100-120) and it helped a little, but still goes crazy once in a while.

Limit frame rate is checked too, still the problem persists.

how to get rid of this permanently?

This is usually fixed by checking the "back buffer in video memory" option in the config tool, and making sure the game is set in Win95 compatibility mode.

Didn't work for me, the back buffer option has always been checked and when I tried running the .exe in win 95 compatibility, the program won't start. Says there's some error

I have the same problem... I just play without ddraw if you are able to do that.  I can't take screenshots, but it works fine for me... I am on Windows 7.  Looking into what I set the properties to all that time ago I am running windows 98 compatability mode.  And I do not have the back buffer checked.

and when I tried running the .exe in win 95 compatibility, the program won't start. Says there's some error

Strange. What error?

11061208_1599007317055718_5681632057018857525_n.jpg?oh=d8ee2ee886c498c713785246a0ac7cc3&oe=55FAB24F

I've fixed mine by doing this:

3. Under "Visual options", check "Limit frame rate (helps to fix the fast scroll bug)"

Yes I have this ticked and it doesnt work too

Instruction at 00000000? Um, wow. That's not even a game error. That's some kind of failure to launch.

is it a windows 8/8.1 thing? I remember playing this on an old laptop using Vista and didn't have any issues.

solutions, anyone??? :(