Making the APC buildable by Nod in Campaign? (C&C95)

I know that to make multiplayer only units buildable, you have to take out the tech level from 99, or whatever, and apply a normal tech level. But the APC already has a normal tech level...  O_o

Anyone know how to get the APC buildable for Nod in the campaign? I'm hoping for both vanilla and Covert Ops.

I'm sorry, I don't know what that means. And, TBH, I'm using TibEd, which, yah, sorry about that. I don't know how to edit C&C games without the "rules.ini"! PLz HELP! WHICH LINE DO I NEED TO GO TO THE TOP OF?

Actually I gotta an other question too. Sorry, I should have made this thread titled: "C&C GOLD Modding Questions". Go ahead and change this thread to that, if theres a mod around.

- I want to make all infantry self heal, like the mammoth tank. Can this be done? Does anyone know? TibEd don't let me do it, lolz.

I'm also looking to get Helipads, Apaches and Chinooks buildable in campaigns.

lol. That maximizes the tech level too, though.

It seems I completely forgot to document this in the release notes, but 1.06c contains a mission option to disable these special exceptions. Just add "RemoveBuildExceptions=yes" to the mission's [basic] header.

However, doing this often has problematic effects since these include build level tweaks to compensate for the fact Nod only got 13 missions, whereas the build levels of all double-owned stuff in the game is aimed at GDI's 15-mission campaign. To give an example... the actual build level of the Advanced Power Plant is 13, so Nod would ONLY get it in the last mission. With the campaign tech tree adjustments enabled, it is shifted down to 12 for Nod. And you just can't compensate this by upping the mission's build level, because sometimes the exception is different for GDI and Nod. Like how GDI only gets the Bazooka at level 7 :huh:

Honestly, they made that stuff far too complicated in my opinion. I'd just have allowed freely selecting the build level per mission, and just skipped a few for Nod every now and then to set all Nod missions to their desired tech level, so all build level exceptions could be removed from this. Ah well. Westwood...  :P

On a related note, there's specific code to make sure GDI can't build the rocket launcher before mission 9. The rocket launcher's build level is 11 O_o

Oh, if you can be bothered hex editing... changing the byte at 3A915 to FF should specifically disable that APC thing ;)

For the record...

Single player exceptions:

-On Nod mission 11, the STNK (Stealth Tank) has MISS (Tech Center) as prerequisite

-GDI cannot build E3 (Bazooka) before mission 7

-GDI cannot build MSAM (Rocket Launcher) before mission 9 (which is silly since its build level is 11)

-Nod cannot build the APC (Armored Parsonnel Carrier)

-GDI cannot build the TMPL (Temple of Nod) or OBLI (Obelisk of Light)

-Nod cannot build MSAM (Rocket Launcher)

-Nod can build the NUK2 (Advanced Power Plant) starting from mission 12

-Nod cannot build HPAD (Helipad)

-GDI cannot build SBAG (sand bags) before mission 8

-In GDI mission 2, the build level is reduced back to to 1.

Prerequisites equivalents:

-Adv Power Plant counts as a Power Plant

-Hand of Nod counts as Barracks

-Obelisk of Light counts as Advanced Guard Tower

-Advanced Comm Center counts as Comm Center (added by patch 1.06)

-Temple of Nod counts as Advanced Comm Center (but not as Comm Center)

-Airstrip counts as Weapons Factory

Originally there was also one that said the SAM site counted as helipad. No clue wtf that was meant to do. I replaced it by the more useful "ACC is Comm center" one, which makes sure GDI players who own an ACC don't need to re-build their long-sold comm center to access Nod's special stuff after capturing an airstrip.

I would love to do that Hex Editing. I gotta go get a hex editor, than change some key values around to get that damn APC, the helipad, apache, chinook, chem warrior, ETC., to be buildable in the Nod campaign? To free the aforementioned units from thisd "hard coded" crap, and to make them buildable in the game, based on their basic "BuildLevel" level number? :D :D :D

I AM STARTING TO LEARN! RA1 was SO much easier to mod :(

its more, heres a pic, it's called neo hex editor. First time I've ever done this before, lol. I MUST have the APC, and than everything else that Nod would get in Multiplayer for singleplayer. I will sacrifice somebody to some god if need be:

EDIT: HOly fuck. Wow, no fucken kidding. All I had to do was type in topoftheline, and now I can build it all? Thanks Tore, thats some good shit. I think I'm going to abandon Hex editing, haha

fuck.png.8bcbacb5e87f93b9ed1af56b27a6c585.png

D'oh, of course its 16 and not 10, its in hexidecimal, I clearly wasn't awake this morning. As I suspected, the number at the start of each line is the address for the first byte on the line. 10 in hex =16 in normal numbers (decimal). So just count inwards and take the first byte as having the number at the start of the line.

its more, heres a pic, it's called neo hex editor. First time I've ever done this before, lol. I MUST have the APC, and than everything else that Nod would get in Multiplayer for singleplayer. I will sacrifice somebody to some god if need be:

EDIT: HOly fuck. Wow, no fucken kidding. All I had to do was type in topoftheline, and now I can build it all? Thanks Tore, thats some good shit. I think I'm going to abandon Hex editing, haha

SHIT! I just downloaded some random Hex Editor, and using it, I opened up the C&C95.exe. But I could only find 3A910 and 3A920. They go by 10's only! DAMN YOU, cruel world! I'll keep fiddling around with the program, adjust viewing properties or something?

Um, what? 3A915 is the ADDRESS. It just means, the 3A915th (in decimal, 239893rd) byte in the file. If you found 3A910, it's five bytes after it O_o

I mean, each of these addresses you see is followed by 16 bytes, and the top even shows you which one is byte #5.

Also, if you'd actually click in that line, the offset in the status bar (I coloured it yellow in the pic) would change to the actual place you clicked on. And you can use the arrow keys to move around the other bytes from there.

Not to mention, I'm fairly sure all hex editors have a "go to address" option somewhere in their menu, generally under the shortcut [Ctrl]+[G]. Just giving the address in that would've jumped you right to it.

Hex.png.ed3c307145fa41978fb833ab58ba7def.png

Ahh, ok, I see. Tores solution is better though. Its the quick Fast fix, and I'll be copacetic in sticking with the intended tech level of any particular mission.

QUestion. How do you affect buildspeed? I want walls to be built reasonably faster. Not super super fast, (like instant) but, I did this for walls and concrete slabs in my dune2k mod, and its great for setting up barriers quicker, so you can get back to the battle, and, I liked it.

Tore's solution, as I mentioned, isn't the same. It doesn't just change the build exceptions. It's a cheat that simply allows you to build EVERYTHING, equivalent to maximum multiplayer tech level. Hardly the same, I'd say. Also, it being a cheat code, you need to re-type it in every mission and after every savegame load  :P

Anyway, I added some more info in my post above. Might be interesting to check out.

• 3 weeks later...